Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 663 Posts

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Nice bike! Awesome spec and real nice looknig too!

Is that last picture the weight of the frame only? What is included in that weight?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking at the bike componentry, I am assuming you bought the frame and built it up?

Can you give a full spec breakdown?

Cheers.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fox F100RL WTB laser lite hubs DT Revolution spokes alloy nips Mavic 717 disc rim, XT crank set , XT front der. 2007 X0 rear, and 2007 X9 shifters,Magura martas, EC90 flatbar ,FSA stem ,EC70 seatpost ,Fizik Aliante saddle ,Maxis Advantage tires (hevey training tire) I race on Maxxlite or Crossmark. This is my 2nd Anthem, I think its the best race bike in the world!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
what is that you like better about the anthem than the EPIC? I had an earlier 04 epic and didn't like the lack of compliance with the EPIC and now I ride a Trance. But I've read the newer brain shocks were much improved???

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Daaaang that's nice. Very light too, now I am most curious as to what my 2006 Anthem 1 weighs. Can't wait till my Anthem Advanced is ordered, won't be long now!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Very nice looking bike w/ a nice light weight build, but I still prefer the '06 Team Blue and red colours over the '07 colours - I like my race machines to "look" fast.

·
a.k.a. BicycleKicks
1,137 Posts
Can anyone find the cat in the first pic?

Yes, that's a sweet ride. I'm guessing you use tubes since you didn't mention anything about tubeless... just curious.

How about adding a chainstay protector?

EDIT: is the fork set up for 80mm or 100mm travel? I think 80mm is standard for that bike, but some people ride 100mm, right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
gambo2166 said:
Yes that was the frame ,seat binder,water bottle cage bolts 4,R der. hanger . Size large 20in.
The compleat bike is 25.1 with the hevey tires.
I find the weight of 25.1 lbs complete hard to believe but I could be wrong. I have an 18inch Anthem LE with titanium shock mounts, full XTR drivetrain, cranks & pedals, Race Face Next SL carbon bar/post & Deus XC stem, Selle Italia 180gr saddle, R7 Platinum fork, Mavic Crossmax SL rims with Hutchie Pythons and all told my bike is slightly heavier than your claimed weight.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Captain said:
I find the weight of 25.1 lbs complete hard to believe but I could be wrong. I have an 18inch Anthem LE with titanium shock mounts, full XTR drivetrain, cranks & pedals, Race Face Next SL carbon bar/post & Deus XC stem, Selle Italia 180gr saddle, R7 Platinum fork, Mavic Crossmax SL rims with Hutchie Pythons and all told my bike is slightly heavier than your claimed weight.

Could be the wheels, crossmax's arent the lightest of the bunch...........well 2007 is more positive :thumbsup:
That raceface stuff isnt the lightest either.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Could drop even more weight.........

If he got a nice REBA on there, prob drop another 1/4-1/2 lb.

Benno said:
Could be the wheels, crossmax's arent the lightest of the bunch...........well 2007 is more positive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I think the FOX is pretty much the same weight as a REBA...........unless you got the World Cup which is a lot of $ to spend to save 0.1 of a pound

·
Registered
194 Posts
Benno said:
My complete wheelset is about 1675gr which is about 30gr heavier than a complete XTR set. That is pretty light. My Raceface stem is 125gr. My Raceface post is 230gr. My Raceface bars are 99gr. My fork is 1360gr and I could keep going. What is your interpretation of light Benno?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It is easy to save 100grams here and there.........the XTR factory wheels arent that light either, they are the same ballpark as the Crossmax's. You're about 150grams short of an R7 too, the target weight was 2.9lbs but the actual weight is in between 3.2 - 3.4 (1500+grams). I have pretty much the same bike as you, but with XO spec (north american Anthem 1 with R7 platinum). My bike weighs 24.5 cause I run 460gram tires with no tubes which shaves a ton of weight off the stock setup.

1 - 20 of 663 Posts