Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yeh….

Have a few bits and pieces lying around home. Been given a giant anthem 2008 frame (one with the horizontal shock). Just wondering if anybody out there has either got or has seen an "aggressive anthem" cause I'm thinking about building one up with the spare downhill and trail parts i have.

So just to put it into context

- 140mm front travel
- 750mm wide bars
- 50mm stem
- Shimano XT trail wheel set
- Single ring 1x10 drive chain

Just something to thrash about on the tame DH trails and any of the DS or 4X races. Can anybody out there verify if this has been done? Not worried about warranty issue (due to the 140mm front fork) or any compatibility issues, just want to know if it has been done and if it worked out cool.

Cheers Ham

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Done, sort of. Mine is singlespeed with a different cockpit set up based on what I had lying around. For me the rear suspension really struggles to keep up with the front as the speed increases. It's fun though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh thats sort of what i had in mind but maybe a little more aggressive in the cockpit and 1x10 just to be a little more versatile. Have you noticed if the bottom bracket is too high when cornering hard? Just want something i can thrash around on the local 4x and DS track and be able to pedal on the xc stuff. Not a serious bike but one that is just all about fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts