Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share as I am about finished and ready for first ride......

2011 Anthem X2 29 (Medium)
2x10 XTR Trail group
-38/26 front and 11/36 rear
-180 mm rotors
Answer ProTaper 720 Carbon 12.7mm rise bars
Stans Crest wheel set (15mm front/10mm thru rear)

Not sure of total weight yet.

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
105 Posts
Daniel:

I can't wait to see how close we end up to eachother...I'm building an X29er 3...Stan's crest wheelset with American Classic Hubs will be built this week by my wheelbuilder...Ordered the beginnings of my complete SRAM XX groupo today. I went with the Giant 620mm carbon flat bar. When you get a weight let me know I'm very curious

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
doctorthirst said:
I can't wait to see how both of your builds turn out! I'm deciding which X29er to get myself. I'm likely going to get a 2 and upgrade the wheelset.
exactly what i'm doing. ordered up an XL X2. first upgrade will be flows with kings.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is a close up of the wrap

It is a harder plastic wrap that I got from Tree Fort

https://www.treefortbikes.com/home#navbar=pro___333222345199___138

I could not find a great solution but like this set up the best. I wish more companies would include really nice ones from the factory like the integrated Tallboy rubber one.

Also, today was the first ride on the bike and to be honest it amazed me. I am coming from a 2009 Anthem X1 which I loved but this was on a different level!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went down to my LBS today and slapped down a giant stack of loot and the rest of my XX stuff will be here later this week (some tomorrow and some Friday) and the wheels will be done this Friday. Saturday this was there at the house for me .:thumbsup:

Getting so excited I can barely stand it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok.....much to my girlfriends dismay I will give you the details.:madmax:

Crankset: TruvaTiv XX 39T/26T
Front Derailleur: SRAM XX
Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX Medium Cage
Cassette: SRAM XX Uberlight totally sick 11-36T 10spd
Bottom Bracket: Standard not the ubercostly ceramic
Brakes: SRAM XX 185mm front and 160mm rear
Shifters: SRAM XX 2X10 with XX Matchmaker
Cables: Gore Ride-On sealed cables (have them on my 9:zero:7 snow bike and the rule)
Bars: Giant Carbon 620mm wide 125gr
Seat and Post: SDG Belair I-Beam w/ I-Beam micro aluminum post
Wheels: Stans Crest rims wrapped around American Classic Hubs spoked with DT Swiss supercomp spokes and brass nipples (Black rim, black hub, black spokes, silver nipples)
Tires:I have a set of Kenda Slan 6's (pig heavy 723gr) and Bonty 29-0's (stupid light at 400gr)
Black shifter housing and black brake lines

The stem will be upgraded but not until I get fitted on the bike, in case he wants to change length or angle....not sure what to yet....

Pedals....leaning towards the new Shimano XTR SPD's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.