Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need opinions on putting a 120 mm fork on my anthem. Personally i reckon the head angle is too steep at 71 degrees and too twitchy. Im currently running 10mm stack height with a 100mm stem. It has a sid on it now.

I use it for xc racing.

Cheers, fire away

·
Registered
563 Posts
Why not use an angleset to alter the HTA instead of bumping up the travel? A 120 fork will be heavier than a 100mm ones.

·
Come on, dare me!
537 Posts
Kaizer said:
Why not use an angleset to alter the HTA instead of bumping up the travel? A 120 fork will be heavier than a 100mm ones.
Not necessarily. Some 100mm forks are wound down versions of 120mm forks using spacers (the RS Reba being a good example). Most of the time, 100 and 120mm forks weight almost the same...
As for putting a 120mm fork on your Anthem, go for it. One of my friends has an older Anthem, which came with a 80mm fork - he put a 100mm and was very pleased with the result.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not heavier if you going to use a carbon lefty :D.
Yea there has been a bit of rave with 120 forks and the anthem but there are some reviews that are displeasing.
My main concern is that will it remain xc race worthy???

·
Come on, dare me!
537 Posts
FierceRider said:
Its not heavier if you going to use a carbon lefty :D.
Yea there has been a bit of rave with 120 forks and the anthem but there are some reviews that are displeasing.
My main concern is that will it remain xc race worthy???
If you plan on racing, buy a 120mm Reba (or Fox) and put 20mm spacers in it to achieve 100mm travel. You can remove them if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts