Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No they are not check this shiznit out. do you know of a stronger wheel spoke combo i can try next i dont have alot of mony thou. LATE

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
sprocket said:
broke in two parts
Rocky that sucks!!! Hopefully you can get up riding soon. BTW, I'll probably post my pics in a couple days, I still gotta use like half of the roll. Later,
Tony

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
COmtbiker12 said:
Rocky that sucks!!! Hopefully you can get up riding soon. BTW, I'll probably post my pics in a couple days, I still gotta use like half of the roll. Later,
Tony
dude tony check this out i took my hard tail up to the vickers trail
nothing but mtbikers up their probly like 10 of some really cool dudes
their is a small set of rythems and some huge kickers i am going up
their tomaro to dig a little and ride a lot you can roll with me if you want
i am sure you can do the jumps they are built PERFECT!!!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
sprocket said:
dude tony check this out i took my hard tail up to the vickers trail
nothing but mtbikers up their probly like 10 of some really cool dudes
their is a small set of rythems and some huge kickers i am going up
their tomaro to dig a little and ride a lot you can roll with me if you want
i am sure you can do the jumps they are built PERFECT!!!
That's cool! You should get some pics tomorrow, I'd like to go but I'm going snowboarding tomorrow. Maybe this week or next week wehn i'm on spring break. later,
Tony

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had a set of singletracks that worked great all last season. Still have them, in fact. Looks more like you had a bad wheel build or cased a jump.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lastminutebastrd said:
I had a set of singletracks that worked great all last season. Still have them, in fact. Looks more like you had a bad wheel build or cased a jump.
you are probly right i built the wheel myself (first one ever). and actually i over jumped the hit and landed flatt hard. but what gets me is the some wheel took some hard hits on an evean bigger drop to flat then the double?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I didn't mean any offense with that bad wheel build comment, but a wheel is only as strong as the build.

Did you ever retension it after you built it? That could have been the problem. Anyways, stuff can only take so much abuse. You just happened to hit the breaking point of that wheel with the last landing.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have sun singletracks and while they arent the best rims available, they certainly arent bad either. They should work fine unless you are a clydsdale or extremely abusive rider

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah I agree

They are ok, not the strongest, mine are a bit outta shape but they have done me ok. If you are dropping over about 6ft you might want to look at somethign a little stronger...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts