Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or who is having a good sale on new helmets?

Today: My first accident of the year on my second commute of the year. I rounded a corner, hit some black ice and went down hard--hitting my head on a two-foot high rock wall. Luckly my helmet took the trauma cuz it would have been a doosy otherwise.

This, after almost getting hit by a car on my first commute of the year, yesterday. What a weird start. :madman:

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Yay for helmets :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

did this on saturday, took a header into some Melaleuka trees (soft papery bark). The damage is from a "glancing" blow, I then pinballed into a head on collision to finally stop.

Attachments

·
Rides with Scissors
619 Posts
stripes said:
Specialized is 20%, and Bell is 30%. Not sure about the others. Those two fit my head :p
30% of cost, or 30% off? Asking because when Bell replaced a helmet I cracked it was $35 to replace the $125 helmet (~30% of the retail cost). Took just a week from the day I mailed the old one to them to when I received the replacement. I was impressed! :)

·
Dented n' Spent
185 Posts
Wait wait wait... do I have this right? FloridaFish and Lidarman both have the same helmet and both took serious head-smacking diggers within days apart? Whoever's # 3, I think you might consier just getting it over with: put your helmet on and bash your head into the pavement in a nice and controlled non-face-smashing manner. Just to be safe. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
deanna said:
30% of cost, or 30% off? Asking because when Bell replaced a helmet I cracked it was $35 to replace the $125 helmet (~30% of the retail cost). Took just a week from the day I mailed the old one to them to when I received the replacement. I was impressed! :)
When I had reason to replace mine recently... Bell told me it was 30% off retail of a new helmet.

It was cheaper to get a clearance helmet at Nashbar than take advantage of the crash replacement.

JmZ

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,166 Posts
1) Glad you're OK
2) The impt question....Is the bike OK?

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
LOL :D I picked up on that also. Not sure if this means those helmets are good or bad luck :confused: (they saved the owners noggins, but maybe there's bad mojo about them which attracts accidents) I'd be a little weary if I owned one though :)
Glad to hear you're OK lidarman, commuting is a dangerous business.

endohappy said:
Wait wait wait... do I have this right? FloridaFish and Lidarman both have the same helmet and both took serious head-smacking diggers within days apart? Whoever's # 3, I think you might consier just getting it over with: put your helmet on and bash your head into the pavement in a nice and controlled non-face-smashing manner. Just to be safe. ;-)

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
snowdenn said:
whats giros replacement discount?
It was a 30% discount when I busted my eclipse last summer.

·
Rides with Scissors
619 Posts
JmZ said:
When I had reason to replace mine recently... Bell told me it was 30% off retail of a new helmet.

It was cheaper to get a clearance helmet at Nashbar than take advantage of the crash replacement.

JmZ
They must have changed it then. My accident was a few years ago and I've tried to avoid landing on my head since then... :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.