Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm relatively new to XC racing. I've done about 3-4 races over the past year and am racing in the sport category this year for XC. I've been riding for a while and know how to handle a bike.

I'm going to try my first short track XC event and was wondering what category I should race. Is it all that different from regular XC racing? I am racing Sport in the XC race the following day, so it would make sense that I should race sport for the STXC as well (I.E. not sand bagging).

The Sport is 20 minutes and the Beginner is 15 minutes. Am I running an increased risk of crashing in the Beginner class? Will I get dusted in the Sport class? I'm looking to hear what the difference is (and your recomendations) from people experienced in both disciplines.

Also, I ride a hartail; is there anything I need to do differently for bike setup?

Thanks,
BS

·
Brant-C.
1,072 Posts
it's going to be 20/15 minutes of pure pain...

i got talked into doing a stxc race last year on a saturday. it hurt. then i raced xc the next day and it hurt even more. i had no legs on the second half of the race.

i guess i'm a wuss...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.