Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for another one of these posts, I just can't make up my mind. I'm looking at two bikes...

2010 Specialized fsr xc expert for $1800

2008 Specialized enduro Comp for $1500

I really like the Enduro but it's used. That means I don't get the warranty or the help from my lbs. I do save a little money getting the Comp, but is it really worth it.

I'm more into cross country trail rides, with some down hill bump and berm. I'm not much of a jumper, but would like to learn more.

Any help would be cool.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Can't go wrong with either of the two. Enduro is a little more agressive than the other, take your pick.

The used one may also require more work sooner than the other, but its a good idea to learn to wrench on your bikes anyways.

·
Granny Gear Guru
399 Posts
Buy both, i'll take whichever you don't want.

but go w/ the 2010 Specialized fsr xc expert for $1800

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, it's hard to make up my mind. Plus I don't really have the used bike talked down to that price yet. Any more and I would for sure go for the xc.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
rightguard said:
Thanks for the input, it's hard to make up my mind. Plus I don't really have the used bike talked down to that price yet. Any more and I would for sure go for the xc.
You can get a brand new old stock enduro for about $2k if you look/call around a bit.

The Enduro is an AM bike while the fsrxc is a XC ttrail bike. Which one fits your intended application better?

The new Stumpy is really nice too. More trail bike as well, though.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If you like the 08 Enduro and have a budget then go buy a new Pitch from your LBS. The comp is only $1650, you get the same frame (with a hair bit more weight) and can upgrade as needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts