Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to buy a Salsa Fargo this spring. I do not have a Salsa dealer near by (a 400 mile airplane ride away). I am 6'2'' and 205lbs. I am not sure what my exact inseam measures but I wear a 34'' length pants. I ride a size large Yo Eddy Fat Chance which seems a little small. I rode a size large Niner that seemed pretty good. I noticed in my search that a lot of people are riding XL and XXL frames. Am I missing something on the sizing? I sure I fall in both the large and or XL size. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think it sounds like the decision between L and XL for you is fit preference.

I'm 6'1.5, have a 33-34 pant inseam and I think a 35 true pbh inseam. I ride a large Fargo and I'm completely happy with it. stem is 100mm, 17* w/ woodchippers.

When I use mine for long day rides and short tours, I use a Jandd frame bag. This means I store my pump on the top of toptube instead of bottom of the toptube, so the increased standover of the L is nice.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
FarNorth said:
Hi all,

Looking to buy a Salsa Fargo this spring. I do not have a Salsa dealer near by (a 400 mile airplane ride away). I am 6'2'' and 205lbs. I am not sure what my exact inseam measures but I wear a 34'' length pants. I ride a size large Yo Eddy Fat Chance which seems a little small. I rode a size large Niner that seemed pretty good. I noticed in my search that a lot of people are riding XL and XXL frames. Am I missing something on the sizing? I sure I fall in both the large and or XL size. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Great advice here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.