Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one's at Arastradero, cross-listed with ROMP, etc etc. Start time is 2:30 from the main parking lot, route TBD but to include faffing about on the jumps. Ride pace social, geared for beginners. We'll be out a couple hours, but probably won't go particularly far, maybe 10 miles and 900' vertical or so, if that. SVSocrates was thinking of joining, I heard a rumor (possibly malicious) that J may make an appearance, and I'm hoping the crew we spotted out there last week that took all the pictures will show again.

So, let the witty banter and roll calling begin.
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
I'll be there, but I just want you to know that use of the word "faffing" does NOT increase your level of street cred. :D
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What cred?

SVSocrates said:
I'll be there, but I just want you to know that use of the word "faffing" does NOT increase your level of street cred. :D
I had any to begin with?

Besides, we're talking mountain biking here. Save streets for commuting and training.
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
5:25 AM? Harlander, don't you ever sleep? Man, I wish I had your apparent lack for need of sleep.
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SVSocrates said:
5:25 AM? Harlander, don't you ever sleep? Man, I wish I had your apparent lack for need of sleep.
Not all of us work with sleepy high school kids. I had to be in Santa Cruz before 7:30, ergo waking up early and posting while I ate breakfast.
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfluid one said:
if it's not raining... i will show.
Like Charles says, 40% chance of rain means 60% chance of no rain at all. I like those odds.

That aside, I should point out that significant rain tomorrow or Saturday morning will cancel the ride. I'll post to this thread if that happens.

Oh, and unfluid - I've been running Enduros up front for awhile now, no change. I've switched the back of me big bike to an Eskar though, which I'm happy with.
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
Movin' on up...
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
Looks like the sprinkles arrived early. Wondering if this ride can still happen.
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SVSocrates said:
Looks like the sprinkles arrived early. Wondering if this ride can still happen.
I was going to ask you the very same question. It's sunny and mostly dry in the south bay, what did you get up in Menlo? I'm thinking we can probably still go.
 

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
Joined
·
1,598 Posts
It's sunny in Menlo, so I'm thinking we can probably still go.
 

·
My spoon is too big!
Joined
·
881 Posts
Looking out the window, it's hard to believe the rain is coming. It's clear skies and sun in the East Bay right now. We're still at 40% chance, so I think we're mostly safe.
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Frigid weekend" my arse . . .

So much for the TV weather people. From the stink they were making last night, you'd figure we'd be flooded (eek) or under six feet of snow (awesome!). And here it's the warmest morning all week. Checking the updated forecast, they're saying it's not gonna rain until 3 or 4 PM, and even then, only about 60% chance.

I'm gonna say we should go for it.
 

·
JRA
Joined
·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got rocks? said:
If this is the Sat. one, i'll roll. See you in the p-lot in couple of hrs...
Sweet. It's not a sausage fest anymore!
 

·
My spoon is too big!
Joined
·
881 Posts
Last minute check looks like scattered showers rolling through. We still on?
 

·
011100000110111101101111
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
sorry, the turningwheels4kids event ran a bit later than i thought..... damn i haven't seen u guys in a long time.. def try for next week.
 

·
My spoon is too big!
Joined
·
881 Posts
Sorry I missed it, my car picked a bad day to have a dead battery. I'll see if I can make the Skeggs ride tomorrow.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top