Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is one of the best weekends for riding I have had in a long time!!! For one, because of the company, but also because of the locations, scenery and sweet singletrack as well.
Started off great on Friday, did Indian Creek for the 1st time, guided by a fellow MTBR. What a great ride. There are some steep climbs but not too long, and the goods are worth it! It is now one of my favorites. Must go do again - soon!!

Attachments

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saturday, went to Breckenridge for my daughter's cross country race, and hung out for awhile after, went for a short ride on some of the easy stuff around town, drove home over Hoosier and Kenosha, and it was quite a treat - AMAZING!
Unfortunately, the batteries for the camera died before we rode and before we reached the aspen sweetness.

Attachments

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunday finished it off nicely, as I took my son to West Mag, and we had a blast. Perfect timing for the aspens, and great weather. My son's 1st ride on a 26". Looks like I'll be looking to get rid of his small bike and get him a big one - maybe for his birthday!

Attachments

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks brutha - the moose was a little south of the HS - by an elementary, but right across the river from the hiway when we saw it. Then it headed west towards the hills. He was trying to figure out how to get over a 6' high chain link, and finally figured out he could walk around it.
Someday I'll get down there and let you guys teach me how to ride!

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
This week is the equivalent of the perfect powder outing on a blue sky day.

Nice shots of your boy, espec picking the gnar route.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
andychrysler said:
So, this is one of the best weekends for riding I have had in a long time!!! For one, because of the company, but also because of the locations, scenery and sweet singletrack as well.
Started off great on Friday, did Indian Creek for the 1st time, guided by a fellow MTBR. What a great ride. There are some steep climbs but not too long, and the goods are worth it! It is now one of my favorites. Must go do again - soon!!
Wow. Good stuff and kid on a bike!

How come everyone get's to see snakes but me?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Andy, sweet! Great pics and thanks for sharing! We seem to be seeing more and more moose heading farther south and east into CO, pretty cool!

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!

Moosehead - my boy learned a lot Sunday! He had a great day and we sessioned that rock and a couple other techy things (for a 10 year old).

danobie - - - THE danobie, whutup?! Saw your (road)bike on your truck the other day - shoulder doing better? How's Jordan? Fellow future star!
Let's ride.

brettf - you had some sweet ones on Passion as well, really enjoyed your pix.

scnauzers - you'll see one sooner or later. It really adds some excitement to the ride when you see them too late and run over them.

FT$ - Agreed about the moose. I only remember seeing them around Steamboat and Winter Park, and down south by San Luis Peak. They are awesome animals.

·
Bad Andy
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yo JD!
Yup, the boys would love West Mag, so would you.
It is just south of Nederland, right off HW 72/119 or whatever it is there, on the west side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice TR

Why don't you ever invite me?:mad:

Just kidding - you know I never do anything. Jeez, I even had to get a log-on to this site just to see those pics!

Seriously, we need to get together.

Later.

Jim

·
Tossin the salad.
737 Posts
Andy - You're killing me with these pictures man!! ;)

Next time we hook up, you need to take me here. Looks like it will be some fun times.

TJ looks great on the 26". He looks ready for it!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts