Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Scribb
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Seattle/Redmond for a business meeting on July 20th, and thinking of taking Friday the 21st for an epic ride somewhere within an hour of Seattle. Saw some friendly posts on this topic, and made some notes. Any suggestions for a good 12-15 miler with some challenging climbs and technical single-track?

Anyone, by chance, taking a Friday off an epic ride? Happy to return the favor.

Thanks.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Scribb,

I'm away on business that week, but your options are limitless in a couple of weeks with a lot of the snow finally melting away. A good snow year has meant most of the high country rides haven't been ridable until now.

Options close to seattle:
Kachess Ridge
Palisades/Ranger/ Deep Creek / White River - (this can be done in several combos)
Suntop/Skookum
Miller Peak
up Devil's Gulch / down Mission Ridge

Close, but not particularly epic:
Tiger Mt.
Tokul Creek
Carnation (Tolt McDonald)
Lake Sawyer / Black Diamond
T of P (tower of Power)

cheers,
EBX

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I'll be working to pay for the last 2 weeks of playing. But, sounds like the Ranger Creek/Palisades/White River loop is what you are looking for. A bit over the 1 hour time limit but well worth it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Miller Peak is at least 2 hours from seattle and it will take most people more than 4 hours to complete. I wouldn't recommend it if you are limited on time ... otherwise it kicks ass.

Suntop is kind lame if you are looking for a good ride go across the valley instead. Those rides have much more quality... Although I have done this ride 3 times in the past year it doesnt stand up to other options so close by. The real fun riding through the forest at mach speed just doesnt last long enough.

Deep Creek is as good as Ranger Creek. I recommend these two. They're between 13-18 miles each and about 1.5 hours from seattle. You could go up Ranger Creek and down Deep Creek to sample them both. Fly at warp speed and pray you dont become implanted into a tree if you make a mistake. Very fun.

Palisades is kinda boring if you ask me. It does have nice views but is over rated. It's hard to get the bfg (big phukkin grin because the trail just doesnt have the glitter of the other two above) on this one if you like to go real fast - almost out of control fast.

Devils Gulch and Mission Ridge will be at least 3 hours drive to the trailhead from Seattle. They're pretty cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.