Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another another try at a Tucson Ride

Trying to start earlier this week to organize some riding. I am up for anything technical. Starr pass or Redington. I have my bouncy bike all set and perhaps a few other bouncy biker to join. Thinking 2-4hrs, perhaps Brown mountain to cougar to lower golden gate to kinney up to star pass and return on upper golden gate to cars.

Or:

Upper loop at chivas or possibly motorcycle trails to Italian trap.

Or:

Final option could be the Arizona Trail to the train bridge (at cieniega (sp) riparian area) and return, Probably a hike a bike and some road involved but it is mostly 13-ish miles of riding on way out and back only, parking out at pistol hill road.

aiming for Sunday as the ride day but would consider Saturday if there is interest.

previous post said:
After my previous poorly executed attempt at organizing a ride in Tucson, I am giving it another go.

Sunday 1-14-2007, meeting around 10:00am or so (negotiable)

Ride either:

Starr Pass over golden gate and/or possibly brown mountain/cougar trail loop.

or

Redington area to the falls and/or possibly upper loop, or west side motorcycle trails to Italian trap and back.

I am open to all suggestions in either of those realms.

I have a few riders that will ride no matter where. A couple of singlespeeders and a couple of full suspension folk.

Ride time will be about 3-4hrs or so depending on ride taken. Pace is medium but riding is technical.

post here or email me if interested.

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To clarify this is an XC type ride with lotsa climbing and descending and (hopefully) no snow involved. As the stated high for Sunday is high 40's to low 50's I suspect that it will be cold at Starr Pass or Chiva Falls but not as cold as riding at 6000-7000'ft will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.