Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody Im new on this forum ! I just read a couple of people waiting for their Session 77!! Know what ? You're not the only one lol

I ordered the frame (only) on April 1st and they told be they were back order and they would not get them beofre mid - april
(from the canadian distributor)

I though we could wait together and pray :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
konaworld said:
Hey everybody Im new on this forum ! I just read a couple of people waiting for their Session 77!! Know what ? You're not the only one lol

I ordered the frame (only) on April 1st and they told be they were back order and they would not get them beofre mid - april
(from the canadian distributor)

I though we could wait together and pray :rolleyes:
Yeah, the trek session 77 is very popular, i'm thinking about getting the complete session 7 but i want to to be a bike where i can also do some crossy country just for the mean time. basicly i want to make sure that when you stand up and pedal hard that it doesn't bob a lot like the bighit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you would be better with a 2004 Giant AC-1 or AC-2 (I have a brand new AC-1 2004 frame with swinger 4-way 2005 shock that im exchanging for the session 77 frame at my shop) but I think that those bike would fit you better..the 2005 one suck tho

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
konaworld said:
you would be better with a 2004 Giant AC-1 or AC-2 (I have a brand new AC-1 2004 frame with swinger 4-way 2005 shock that im exchanging for the session 77 frame at my shop) but I think that those bike would fit you better..the 2005 one suck tho
i was considering one but idk about the chain stay, i heard they snap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, the waiting game! Oh so much fun! Well it looks like my wait should finally be over. Talked to Trek on Friday and they were shipping my frame out as we were speaking!!!!!!!!! So we shall see! Deal is right now they are shipping Session 7 completes and frames. Session 77 completes wont be out until mid to end of April ( lets say May) due to componant unavailability. Good luck on the wait!

·
Registered
117 Posts
mine should be here 4/15

I was at the shop when they talked to Trek and they said it was on the way! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you just ordered yours on the first you're loking at a longer wait than mid april. I was talking to our local rep the other day inquiring about the status of my session. He said they had about 120 Large Session 77's sceduled for production as of May 6th and about 180 on order. In other words your's, and mine, are not even scedule for production yet! The mediums have the same deal. A more realistic date is July or possibly August, I know it sucks but what can you do. I'm actually changing my order to an '06 and riding my Gemini for a few extra months. I haven't talked to the rep again but he said that they will have an '06 production scedule ready later this week with the possibility of having '06 Session's by late June to fill backorders.

Long story short, you wont know when you're getting your Session untill you get it.

...and if anyone does have their 77 do tell. A few shops have 7's up here (not us :( ) but I've yet to see a 77 in this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know if it change anything but I ordered a small.
and I don't know if you are un the US but Im in Canada

if it makes a difference..

·
Registered
22 Posts
kyle said:
I was at the shop when they talked to Trek and they said it was on the way! :D
Finally! Looks like our wait is coming to an end. Mine (frame only) should be here sometime this week. Im hoping it will get here before I leave for the Sea Otter on thursday. We shall see! :D

·
Back in Scotland
157 Posts
7s are out, why not 77s?

I was in Calgary cycle about a fortnight ago and they had 2 Session 7s. I would of thought the 77s would of been released at the same time?? :confused:

Anyway, very nice bikes!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my Session 77 frame on Friday!!!!!!!! Worth the wait, the bike is killer. Im in the process of building it up as we speak. Will post pics soon!!! Oh the Session 77 completes arent being shipped yet cause of componant problems/availability. As in which componants Im not sure. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
samich457 said:
Got my Session 77 frame on Friday!!!!!!!! Worth the wait, the bike is killer. Im in the process of building it up as we speak. Will post pics soon!!! Oh the Session 77 completes arent being shipped yet cause of componant problems/availability. As in which componants Im not sure. :D

take a picture of tha frame right now and post it !!

·
Back in Scotland
157 Posts
samich457 said:
What fork are you using dude? Going with the Breakout+?

I LOVE the colour of Shandro's frame/fork, well sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fakewade said:
What fork are you using dude? Going with the Breakout+?

I LOVE the colour of Shandro's frame/fork, well sweet!
im putting a brand new junior t 2003 with integrated stem I chooose it over the breakout + (personal feeling) hoping my frame (a small,in canada) arrives soon!

by the way: it would be cool if you could take a picture of your frame since you are the first to own it here!

·
Back in Scotland
157 Posts
konaworld said:
im putting a brand new junior t 2003 with integrated stem I chooose it over the breakout + (personal feeling) hoping my frame (a small,in canada) arrives soon!

by the way: it would be cool if you could take a picture of your frame since you are the first to own it here!

Sorry dude, you're getting me mixed up with samich457, he's the first to own the frame ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
And Finally Some PICTURES

Still building it up so excuse the incomplete bike but I had to share!! :D Its hard to see but the top tube is tear drop shaped. Kinda like a rounded off triangle. Really beefy frame. Bike is awesome, cant wait to ride her!!!! Hope the pics come out alright. And yes Im running a Breakout Plus! Hope you like! **samich457**

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Wow, great looking bike, definately worth the wait...

That's a small? Any idea of the frame weight, pre- build up? Thanks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hey Samich457, does your bike want to meet...

its real father (if I can figure out how to attach a picture)!.Ha!. How come I feel like going out and getting a can of matte black spray paint for my bike?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts