Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I left Stowe, Thursdays have been a regular ride with my old trail posse....of one. We've been trying to mix it up. We've hit Hinesburg, Waterbury, 2 zones in Stowe, and today, more of a locals only network that is somewhere out around Morrisville. Some very technical conditions on some very tight, old school singletrack that at times was more of a seam thru the ferns then a trail. These beauties have been around for most of a decade, but because so few know them, they stay ultra tight and tech. These are from scorpion...having too much fun to stop on the rpids to take pics....enjoy.

Attachments

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Rapids... Hmmm... Nice! Gotta love this trail! One of my favorite in Stowe area!

Have i been on some of the trails you mentionned? We headed out towards Morrisville on our last ride, right? I would love to go back to the trail that climbs to the top of a hill and back built by Hardy and VMBA or something... That run up and down was a blast on the first big ride we did 2 years ago...

I remember a very "old-school-super-techy" trail behind some guy's house...

Did Jonathan change is bike?

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's on a Soverign. The trail out of the guy's back yard is Scorpion, see pics above. The out and back is Sterling. There's a group ride going there during the MTBfest next month. Eric, we're thinking of doing Montgomery next week or the week after. Any chance you could give a tour late morning on a Thursday, or at least recomend a route?

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
DaveVt said:
He's on a Soverign. The trail out of the guy's back yard is Scorpion, see pics above. The out and back is Sterling. There's a group ride going there during the MTBfest next month. Eric, we're thinking of doing Montgomery next week or the week after. Any chance you could give a tour late morning on a Thursday, or at least recomend a route?
You should come up for sure... but unfortunately, i won't be there Thursday... I'm there this w-e trough Tuesday... we'll probably go to Stowe do the Tour of Stowe and Town loops...my gf loves this loop... I wouldn't mind going somewhere else i have yet to try... We'll see how the weather holds up... We have trails in developpement... so i know i can always head out and work on new sections!

As for a route... park at lot B. Head out towards Oberland... climb Oberland, make a left to the connector and go all the way to "race course", do a few loops there and improv. There is a new connector but it's pretty hard to find... And more fun the other way around... i could make a quick GPS map for you... but you best bet is to give Don from First Trax a call and ask for a tour... he's always up for a ride!

You'll love it for sure! Not as buff as Stowe... but elevation changes and it feels "Epic" because of the area you cover on a ride.

I'll be in Vermont next weekend also... Sat-Mon... I might join Patrick Kell or get in touch with Atkinson to try out what Mad River Valley as to offer... We'll see!

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured Hardy was. If you need someone, I'd be happy to. As long as it's schedualed for the afternoon. I could do either day, from I ride at 3. Let me know what works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.