Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No, compared to Moab, Tahoe etc., this is nothing.

This is just twelve guys who met after work on a weekday, most of them riding from home. They climbed up above the tree line and had great fun bombing down a spectacular singletrack descent that seemed to go on and on and on - then went home and to bed.

In that context - it's pretty damn awesome.

Here we're climbing the access road to the mountain top. We've been riding dirt roads and pavement for nearly two hours and still not the slightest hint of singletrack. As we go through a clear cut area we get a hint that there must be some reward to all this work.

Oh yeah. Still no singletrack, but the views make up for it.

Snack break

Last stretch of dirt road, but nobody's complaining. We're about to lose the trees

The TV tower is 650ft tall. We played around underneath it for a while.

Then it's time to head back down, down, down before it gets dark - in a month or so.

After four and a half hour of riding, eating, chatting, waiting and having FUN, I sit down on my new deck and enjoy a cold beer. Mid-summer, the peak of the mountain is still painted in gold at 10:30pm, but the days have already shaved off half hour at each end. I look at it beyond the the construction rubble and think "I just went up there and back - on my bike. How cool is that?"

Attachments

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,156 Posts
"How cool is that?"
I'd say, that's quite cool. Good stuff, as usual.

Werner

·
Registered
50 Posts
Beautiful

I spent a couple of weeks last year at this time hanging around Bergen and Sogndal. I biked a few times in the mountains behind Bergen and it was pretty amazing. I was passed by two singlespeeders that were hauling a$$, I couldn't beleive it. The coolest part of the trip was biking in the mountains and hiking on the Jostedalsbreen glacier.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
As I said in your other passion post: You look to have some really fine riding. Looks like great after work riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts