Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sick of seeing pics of single-speed Superflys?... NO?... GOOD! :D

Here's mine. I have the geared version as well. The SS brings the joy of simplicity to an already insane bike.

Bike weighs just over 21lbs as is. It's got XT cranks, Fox F29 that came with the frameset, new AM Classic SS wheels/Jones ACX tires, XXXLite Carbon bar, BB7 brakes (I know, seems weird, but they're my favorite).

I'm waiting for the new Bonty Switchblade carbon 29er fork, which will get it down around 19lbs. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
VERY, very, very nice. I am green with envy.

·
Plastic homer
592 Posts
serious said:
VERY, very, very nice. I am green with envy.
Me too. I have the 3x9 and it is off the hook - the SS would be my best shot at getting the old body going on single speed biking.

Gary has got to get this into the hands of more people in the 2010 model year.

Can't wait for your report on the Switchblade.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I love seeing people ride skinny bars on their SS bikes. Especially 29ers. Short stems, wide bars. It's all kind of relative, but 29 inch wheels just throws everything into a spin as far as typical 26 inch trends go. I always rode a 100-110mm on my 26" bikes and now I won't ride anything longer than a 90mm. Maybe it is just accomodating for a little larger frames to fit my small size.

Bike looks great though. If you don't want wider bars I'd be surprised but to each his own. And the BB7's fly since it's a single speed. If it were a high end carbon geared bike I'd have to give you crap. I still would, but BB7's are super adjustable and reliable. Everything a SS should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts