Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, help me out here.
SPV for the front ? Is it realy worth it ?
I have never had a problem with bob from the front , at the back I agree SPV is a welcomed addition , but the front ?
I have been riding a manitou Back Super 100/120 , and have never had a issue with bob , and if i am gonna be doing hard sprints I lock it out.
The reason I am trying to convince mself otherwise is I need a new fork , and I have narrowed it down to 5 forks. (this is for my SB with 5.25" links and a platform shock"

1. Manitou Black super air 100/120 (Go with what I know)
2. Manitou Minute 2 100 (nice spv but limited to 100mm)
3. Manitou Mintue 2 130 ( ditto )
4. Fox Float RCL 100/130 (05) (heard of people having seal problems , butlooks promising)
5.White Brothers AT 90-130 (have not heard anything from them )
They are in in about the same weight class , but the idea of changing travel is nice , especialy when I am doing a XC race and put the 4.5" link on.
what are your guys thoughs on the forks anyone heard anything about the white brothers ?
I wish life was more simple ...to many choices

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
DH_WP said:
Guys, help me out here.
I have never had a problem with bob from the front , at the back I agree SPV is a welcomed addition , but the front ?
I have been riding a manitou Back Super 100/120 , and have never had a issue with bob , and if i am gonna be doing hard sprints I lock it out.
The reason I am trying to convince mself otherwise is I need a new fork , and I have narrowed it down to 5 forks. (this is for my SB with 5.25" links and a platform shock"

4. Fox Float RCL 100/130 (05) (heard of people having seal problems , butlooks promising)
They are in in about the same weight class , but the idea of changing travel is nice , especialy when I am doing a XC race and put the 4.5" link on.
what are your guys thoughs on the forks anyone heard anything about the white brothers ?
Another point of note with Minute SPV forks is that not only is "bob" minimized but the fork rides higher in it's travel with lighter spring weights. To me the whole "bob" thing is not that important. I like the fact that I can set my Minute up softer spring wise, and still have a fork that does not just blow through it's travel on the first small hit. Also on drop ins and steep stuff this is very useful.
I love my minute Three
gets better every ride, and is very tuneable.

Greg

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
DH_WP said:
Guys, help me out here.

Get an '05 Minute with one of those nifty Infinite Travel adjust handlebar mounts or just get a Minute 1 (coil and adjustable anywhere between 100-130 with Rapid Travel WindDown.)

-TS

·
Registered
224 Posts
My take on SPV..

Yes, it does make the fork ride higher in its travel, and for the most part, eliminates bob during seated climbing.

Standing climbing is a different matter. It doesnt really bob so much as compress down to a certain point -- if you pedal smoothly and keep the bar weighted, the fork will stay down nicely until you sit/unweigh the bar. Kind of a de facto ECC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.