Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the ventana forum and i looking for some feedback concerning sizing.
I am 5'10 1/2" w/ a ~31" inseam what size Chamuco would you recommend?
Currently I ride a Jekyll M with a 90mm stem (Please no Cannondale Haters).
When I go through with this purchase I intend On moving my components from the Jekyll to the Chamuco, The fork i currently ride is a Fox vanilla '05 130RLC, would this be satisfactory for this frame?
Ventana forum by far tends to be the most helpful
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
451 Posts
Get a large

Hello, i am 5'10 with a 33" inseam and was running a large frame with a 90mm stem and it fit perfect!! I think a med. would have been a little cramped for me, i ride mostly xc stuff in he midwest so i like a little longer top tube and run a shorter stem to compensate. I ran a 05 vanilla rlc for a little while and it was a nice match in my opinion! It is a great bike! enoy it!! i might have some pics of mine with the vanilla on it, if you want i could send a couple pics to gve you an idea of what it would look like..

mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bogmonster said:
Hello, i am 5'10 with a 33" inseam and was running a large frame with a 90mm stem and it fit perfect!! I think a med. would have been a little cramped for me, i ride mostly xc stuff in he midwest so i like a little longer top tube and run a shorter stem to compensate. I ran a 05 vanilla rlc for a little while and it was a nice match in my opinion! It is a great bike! enoy it!! i might have some pics of mine with the vanilla on it, if you want i could send a couple pics to gve you an idea of what it would look like..

mark
Thanks mark,
I'm from the midwest also, ride mostly XC/ aggressive XC, but every year get out and visit friends out west often. I'm also a bit of a Clyde and fit is a really big issue with me, hopefully I will hear about similar sized people and what size they ride, probably between a M or a L.

·
orthonormal
5,245 Posts
aaronpv2 said:
Thanks mark,
I'm from the midwest also, ride mostly XC/ aggressive XC, but every year get out and visit friends out west often. I'm also a bit of a Clyde and fit is a really big issue with me, hopefully I will hear about similar sized people and what size they ride, probably between a M or a L.
I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam. I'm in the Sacramento area so I was able to go to Ventana and try the different sizes with 3 or 4 different stems on each. I even took the medium home for a weekend and got about 6 hours of trail time on it.

I ended up buying the small. The small is a bit cramped for climbing but much easier to bunnyhop and flick around than the medium. The large was only good for putting power to the pedals. If I had wanted it as an XC bike I would have gone with a medium but no way in the world would I ever have bought the large. If you're considering the large because you want to stretch out over the top tube and hammer, buy a Pantera or 4" travel Salty.

·
Registered
552 Posts
5' 11" with a 31" inseam and I ended up with a medium, and been very happy with it. I think a large would have been way too much to toss around. I have a 110mm stem on it, but could have easily gone with a 100mm too.

However I didn't get to ride a S or L I went with sherwood's and Larry's recommendations on size. Something between the medium and large might be perfect but for this kind of bike I'd rather be a bit on the smaller side than the larger. Were it a pantera I'd have leaned to the L size most likely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.