Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there different generations of M900 from the mid 1990's. I picked up a m900 front derailleur that has a color scheme of a kind of dark gray annodized and chrome/silver. Is this first generation or 2nd generation? Was first generation black and chrome? Was one considered better than the other?

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,771 Posts
All The M900, M901, M910 Stuff Was Finished The Same

....Basically....
The derailleur bodies and shifter bodies were a gunmetal bluish colour and everything else was silver/chrome/aluminum depending on material.

G

·
fat-tony said:
Are there different generations of M900 from the mid 1990's. I picked up a m900 front derailleur that has a color scheme of a kind of dark gray annodized and chrome/silver. Is this first generation or 2nd generation? Was first generation black and chrome? Was one considered better than the other?
i think there was a small batch of black m900 parts made, i mean what usually was gunmetal blue was black in this batch. somewhere i have a pic of a m900 rear der with black body. no quality diff i guess, all top notch...

carsten

·
All 26.5" all the time!
1,855 Posts
There were little tweaks made to the M900 group during it's four year run. 1995 was the last incarnation, with the M910 parallax hubs and Ti crank bolts, but I don't remember any of it being any other color than grey/silver/chrome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.