Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Four of us pressed our luck and rode BCT this morning starting at BCC. Will and I with our friends Kim and Tony. Weather and trail conditions were great. Plus we had the trail to ourselves!

The water was flowing though. Pics don't really show it too well, but it was moving at a good pace. Note: flip flops do not make good river crossing shoes!

Here's a few pics. Will almost made it across the river. Kim was gonna try her luck too but we talked her out of it. :) Did I mention the river was flowin' !

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Velokid1 said:
Not so quick. Wait for Going29AZ to post up here. He did battle with his gears on BCT yesterday and is threatening to sell all his geared bikes. :D
Yeah, I broke mine on Friday doing the southern part of the trail starting at the trailhead on New River rd. Way muddy..................

·
Registered
544 Posts
Velokid1 said:
Not so quick. Wait for Going29AZ to post up here. He did battle with his gears on BCT yesterday and is threatening to sell all his geared bikes. :D
Hahaaa, yeah we started from the Henderson trailhead (yesterday), didn't want to get our toes wet from crossing the river!

Trail was in pretty good shape, only a few minor puddles, tacky trail conditions. The air was crisp and clear, the desert was green and alive!

I decided to ride my squishy,geary Canzo because I have been giving my SS 29er to much love as of late. We just started the last climb of the Boy Scout loop, I dropped down to my granny and WTF...major chainsuckage! No problem, I'll just pull the chain out and continue on. No the chain decided to drop all the down between the cassette, hub & spokes. In the calm and collective process of trying to the chain un-stuck I broke my new X-9 derailure...double WTF. I told AZbeersnob and Dave to continue on while I Macguyver my way out.

So they had fun while I limped 6 miles back to the car. I really want to do that loop again and go up to the Little Pan loop and back sometime. Someone, please chime in if you have done that loop.

So as Velokid1 said, I have a "slightly used" SRAM x-9 and a really short chain for sale cheap!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
going29AZ said:
Ah that really sucks! It sounds like you guys did the ride we were trying to do on Friday but I got major derailleur suck and I broke a spoke! :(

How is the Boy Scout loop anyway? Have any pics by chance?

We really want to ride from Henderson up and around Little Pan as well. I think we're going to reattempt on New Years day. Let me know if you want to join us.

Tiff

·
Registered
544 Posts
tiffanyinanthem said:
going29AZ said:
Ah that really sucks! It sounds like you guys did the ride we were trying to do on Friday but I got major derailleur suck and I broke a spoke! :(

How is the Boy Scout loop anyway? Have any pics by chance?

We really want to ride from Henderson up and around Little Pan as well. I think we're going to reattempt on New Years day. Let me know if you want to join us.

Tiff
It's not bad, I haven't done the Black Canyon side yet so I don't have anything else to compare with. No I didn't shoot any pics, was having to much fun! I think AZBeerSnob shot a few at the beginning of the Boy Scout loop, maybe he will post some soon.

I'll shoot you a PM if we decide to come back down on new years. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.