Discussion Starter #1
They kick ass in the snow!!!

low tire pressure 6 inches of frozen snow=unstoppable:thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
playdead said:
they do ride great in the snow. Here's my first ride on a 29er in the snow. Last year should've been my first, but I had a nasty surgery.
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

that song is about a 29er...Yeah!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What tires do you have and what air pressure were you running? My first snow ride left me on the ground alot, but I didn't lower my pressure...

·
REALLY?
2,098 Posts
Brozie said:
The wheel is turning and you can't slow down,
You can't let go and you can't hold on,
You can't go back and you can't stand still,
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

that song is about a 29er...Yeah!!!
Now you just need to get GF (gary fisher) to update the geo and re-issue this in a 29r.

·
Terrain Sculptor
4,692 Posts
jzoucha03 said:
What tires do you have and what air pressure were you running? My first snow ride left me on the ground alot, but I didn't lower my pressure...
Bontrager XDX TLR 2.1" at about 25# works great for me. http://bontrager.com/model/07573

A lot of people will tell you bigger knobs. I don't know if a more aggressive tread works better but logic suggests it would.

I get good grip on ice with those tires and bigger knobs won't help you there. The treads clear really well too.

I'm happy with my set up so I'm not changing it.

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
pooman320 said:

the only way to roll in the deep stuff
Your poor BB and hub bearings! :thumbsup:

Got to surf some hardpacked snow on New Years Eve at Fair Hill in MD. FH is always fast and flowy, but riding it in the snow, on my 29er with big tires (Ardents, 2.4 in front, 2.25 in back) was like riding an un-ending wave of snowy fun!

Much better than slogging through on a 26er...

·
Registered
210 Posts
mellowme17 said:
to bad it doesnt snow here in Florida
Shut up. :madmax:

(Spoken from someone living in Minnesota, where it's 6 degrees, and it's always either freezing-ass cold and sunny or warmer and cloudy, it's been snowing every week for the last 2 months, and is probably suffering from a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder)....lol

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Today, I walked around in short sleeves on the beach. I had to put on a jacket around sundown, it was getting a little cool.

Mmm. San Diego.

·
Registered
483 Posts
schnee said:
Today, I walked around in short sleeves on the beach. I had to put on a jacket around sundown, it was getting a little cool.

Mmm. San Diego.

Yeah until the next storm system comes through and drops another foot of rain. LOL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts