Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
dirt visionary
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another picketpost trail report

Went out and showed some others around out at picketpost. Not as much catsclaw but the recent onslaught of horse riders has left its mark making alot of the trail a nice loose dusty mess. Didn't get a chance to do the full ride as one of the riders had to bail early but we did make it to the saddle over 2/3rd of the way in .

Here is the stats . Elevation profile is off on the down side as speed was up there making gps less accurate.

·
dirt visionary
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
check my gps above it starts at the trailhead. Head east on the 60, go up gonzales pass, when the road goes from 2 lane to 1 lane there is a right hand turn that has a brown sign saying picketpost. Follow down to the T take a left and follow around to a big lot with restrooms.

Trail starts to the left of the arizona trail sign. Don't go thru the gate and follow the jeep road. This is all single track.

·
Registered
958 Posts
SlowbutSure said:
Did I read this right? 3 hours to go 12 miles? And I was thinking, from the pictures, this would be a good trail to take the wife on.
SBS, the first few miles of trail are a good, steady climb with a few tech parts, and after Mile 6 the climbing really begins. The scenery is absolutely worth every ouncce of energy.

Enjoy the ride!

·
dirt visionary
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is actually 2hrs between resting a time or 2 and fixing my snapped chain killed an hour.

Good thing about this ride is that the ride back takes less than a thrid of the time you spend getting up there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.