Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it starts. I send a broadcast text out last night announcing a 6am ride this morning. One response in need of a ride to the trailhead. At 5:15am I resist the urge to turn off the alarm, I have promised EJ a ride. After getting dressed and ready, I receive a text informing me of her bailing. I text the only word that comes to mind, "b!tch!"

I pull into the trailhead parking lot and take the last few gulps of beautifully brewed French press coffee (I actually made enough for my passenger, but she would get none). From the parking lot I authored the first paragraph of this post as a text to the missing passenger and sent it. She would be jealous of my solo jaunt later.

Here are the photos to instill the jealousy:

Here I made sure there weere no extra limbs possesed by my shadow, so I could post the photo.

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In her defense...

We were still recovering from a wild weekend celebrating GlitterMyn's birthday (anyone remember her? she still rides).

We rode the rapids on the Arkansas River, from Buena Vista to Salida. A fantastic time with amazing friends. I'm quite fortunate to be a part of it. Here are a few shots from the (mis) adventures, no raftting shots, as I didn't want to take my camera on the water.

The birthday girl above, me below.

Shannon above, EJ below.

Top of Independence Pass:

The water!

Tats

Tootsies:

Forgive my non-ride shots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.