stylo 180mm ss cranks
running 1x9 with a 34 ring and 11-32 cassette
shimano lx trigger shifter
juicy brakes 185f & 160r
wtb exiwolf 2.3 fromt and rear
cafelatex tubless gu
thompsen 90mm stem & 19mm layback post
wtb seat
monkeylite carbon bars with ergon grips.

this is my first geared 29r, first suspension fork in 8 years of riding rigid and first time riding tubless.
this should be fun....

Now I'm going for the first ride.
cheers
I am Spike

p.s. pictures to follow AFTER the first ride.

·
Tattooed Scumbag
151 Posts
bigredpig said:
Damn, that must have been a long ride... must be a good bike..

I hope he brought a change of cloths...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Maybe he never came back. Could it be that good??

I am trying to find a bike very similar, although the Canfield is pretty tempting too... I am running gears so maybe the Paradox.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
jjcools said:
I am trying to find a bike very similar, although the Canfield is pretty tempting too... I am running gears so maybe the Paradox.
I was in the same position. I liked the look of both but have no intention of ever going single speed. I don't like the idea of having sliding dropouts for a geared bike so I got a Paradox.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Does anyone know if a 10mm or 12mm will fit in the rear drops?

·
Registered
764 Posts
<<<<<<<Alert high-jack>>>>>>

I found some Spinergy Enduro 29er wheels that I want to put on a Paradox but am not sure if there is a way to put a real rear axle on them, I am not a fan of QR on a bike that is meant to be ridden rough.

Another question I have is if K-24s are enough brake for this type of a build. For the price, it is hard to beat and I know they work, but are they powerful??

Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest...I am trying to build this bike on a budget and it is making me crazy cause I want good stuff for it.

·
Don't mess with a 29er
115 Posts
jjcools said:
Another question I have is if K-24s are enough brake for this type of a build. For the price, it is hard to beat and I know they work, but are they powerful??
To me, they are. Running 180mm rotors front and rear. I weigh 95kg fully loaded.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks good. I am thinking I will go with the K-24s and 180mm up front. We'll see what happens.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts