Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was posted anywhere yet, don't remember seeing it if it was. Hadn't been on Nat'l in a couple of weeks but decided to do it today since it's nice and toasty out. Got to the climb just above the Mormon/Nat'l split and saw this. Not sure how long it's been down, maybe the last big wind storm. I'm always bummed when these things die since they're so old and have always been a part of the ride. This spot just feels weird now without it.

Attachments

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Bummer...

hey, I think I see a line up those rocks on the left....eh, back to physical therapy...carry on...

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
damn that sucks it was there on Friday when we road. Bummer to see it go, glad noone was under it!!

·
mr. wonderful
879 Posts
bummer, but that's life and death in the desert :sad:

i've heard it called root 'n rock, cactus root, and cactus rock. how does cactus stump sound?:rockon: :rockon: :drumroll:

·
livin' the dream......
1,968 Posts
On the upside, you will now see this decompose and turn into habitat for groundsquirrels and some other creatures. This will be a beautiful skeleton by the end of the summer based on the size of this saguaro.

Too bad to see this giant come down though........

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
oh no , you guys are correct , ----that just does not look right .
it was there when i went by sunday morning :madman:

i will miss the old boy --i really hate seeing that happen :confused: :eekster:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.