Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first "nice" bike. Went with the '09 Enduro kit ('10 Vanilla 32 RL fork). Got a deal on it, but it was still a little more than the '10 Enduro. Was under the impression that the components were slightly better overall. Hope that wasn't a mistake. Full carbon rear as well. Hope that wasn't a mistake either.

Either way it's quite the step up from my old bike. Can't wait to ride it (other than in the basement).

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
As far as the Enduro build goes, you made the right choice. You have a much better range of components on the '09 than the new '10 offers.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sweeeeet! Hoping to have one of these myself in the next couple months. Is that anodized flat black?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nixgame22 said:
As far as the Enduro build goes, you made the right choice. You have a much better range of components on the '09 than the new '10 offers.
Congratulations!
Thanks. There didn't seem to be any room to bargain on the '10, but the '09 was marked down a good amount. I like to at least think I'm getting a deal :) .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweeeeet! Hoping to have one of these myself in the next couple months. Is that anodized flat black?
Yes it is. I went in thinking Pewter, but really liked the black once I saw it in person.

No riding outside for a few months, so I have to settle for cruising around my basement in very small circles :p.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, that looks nice!

So when you say you built it up, did you just buy the frame and piece it together the way you wanted? I don't know squat about components, but that looks like some quality stuff.

·
Registered
79 Posts
powbmps said:
Wow, that looks nice!

So when you say you built it up, did you just buy the frame and piece it together the way you wanted? I don't know squat about components, but that looks like some quality stuff.
Thanks.... Yeah, I bought the Frame and Fork, then customized it with a new Mavic Crossmax ST wheelset, FSA KForce Carbon Crankset, FSA KForce Carbon Handlebar, Avid Elixir CR brakeset in white - which I think looks really sweet on this bike, an Orange SRAM PG 990 Cassette, etc, etc.......... The bike handles incredibly well for a 5.75 inch travel bike. Not to over use the term, but it is very 'confidence inspiring' when hitting the rough stuff and it totally rips the descents. Also, I'm not usually a big promoter of using the propedal on the rear, but on this bike it makes it a significantly more capable climber. So, there's just not much the bike can't do, and mine weighs in at under 28 pounds with pedals......I've had many if not most of the best bikes available, including the 2010 Stumpy I have pictured and it is an incredible machine. But this bike just feels more stout and seems to hold its line even better. I'm paying a little bit of a weight penalty (almost 2 pounds) but more travel and.......it just looks sick!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
zenboy99 said:
What Kenda tires are those?
Kenda Nevegal UST 2.35........a little too heavy for my liking, however, so I have switched to Kenda Nevegal UST 2,10 (which is what I run on most bikes). 3/4 of a pound difference in the total weight of the set and they still look really good on this bike.

·
Registered
632 Posts
me like

preachinmachine said:
Thanks.... Yeah, I bought the Frame and Fork, then customized it with a new Mavic Crossmax ST wheelset, FSA KForce Carbon Crankset, FSA KForce Carbon Handlebar, Avid Elixir CR brakeset in white - which I think looks really sweet on this bike, an Orange SRAM PG 990 Cassette, etc, etc.......... The bike handles incredibly well for a 5.75 inch travel bike. Not to over use the term, but it is very 'confidence inspiring' when hitting the rough stuff and it totally rips the descents. Also, I'm not usually a big promoter of using the propedal on the rear, but on this bike it makes it a significantly more capable climber. So, there's just not much the bike can't do, and mine weighs in at under 28 pounds with pedals......I've had many if not most of the best bikes available, including the 2010 Stumpy I have pictured and it is an incredible machine. But this bike just feels more stout and seems to hold its line even better. I'm paying a little bit of a weight penalty (almost 2 pounds) but more travel and.......it just looks sick!!!!!
That is a beautiful bike you built.
If you wanted to get it down in the 28lb range - like your Stumpy - I see some potential.
However, if you like the way it rides, dont change anything.....LC(cheers)

·
Gnarley!!!!!
260 Posts
What has changed from 2008's to the 2010's?

Next year I may jump on the 2011 and sell my 2008 575 :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is what I was told.....

Yeti dealers were looking for a lower priced "entry level" bike for '10. The '09 Enduro retailed for $3,330. At least partially by going with some lower priced components they were able to offer the '10 Enduro for $2,600. Who knows how much of that $730 can be directly related to the components, but some of the '09 Enduro components are now on the '10 Race (among them the STX cassette, MonkeyLite handlebars and Thomson seat post).

The '10 does have the 150mm Float RLC Fit fork vs. the 140mm Vanilla RL on the '09. I actually like the idea of the coil vs. the air so I'm okay with that.

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
79 Posts
twenty6black said:
That is a beautiful bike you built.
If you wanted to get it down in the 28lb range - like your Stumpy - I see some potential.
However, if you like the way it rides, dont change anything.....LC(cheers)
twenty6black, my YETI 575 is just under 28 pounds w/ XTR pedals.......my STUMPJUMPER was at the 26 pound mark...hence, the 2 pound difference....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lol

preachinmachine said:
twenty6black, my YETI 575 is just under 28 pounds w/ XTR pedals.......my STUMPJUMPER was at the 26 pound mark...hence, the 2 pound difference....
yes, I had those wieghts backwards....sorry about that.

AND, I agree with the other posts....Nevagal are great all round tires, but now you can have tires in the 400 gram range that can handle also anything...LC

·
Registered
51 Posts
powbmps said:
Full carbon rear as well. Hope that wasn't a mistake either.
NO mistake, mine is an '08 w/ full carbon rear, and it rocks! (never any issues). Sweet looking bike!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts