Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new my new 575 Enduro on Friday - L Raw. I set the sag and put 210# in the shock (my weight - coming off knee surgery and hope to see 190# again real soon!) I am a little concerned over the amount of shock travel I get in light trail riding (1' drops maybe). No pedal bob issues on the light climbing I did (all seated), and I didn't feel the shock bottom, but I did run the dust ring down close to the end of the piston shaft. Is this normal? Should I put more pressure in the shock? What happens if I ever go off a 3' drop?

Also, any suggestions on where to order the yellow spring for the Vanilla fork and any suggestions for a good replacement to the downhill tires that came stock on the bike? (Ride in Northwest mud mostly.)

All in all I am pretty amazed with the bike, I am much faster, cleaner and confident than on my FSR XC. Any help getting her dialed in from fellow Clydes would be greatly appreciated!

·
Hugged a Yeti Today?
74 Posts
Yeti's recommendations

Dont know if you saw on their website or not, but they have suggestions for shock set-up. For a firm ride they say go with 25% sag, and have listed 220psi for a rider of 210 lbs. If you want a plush ride, they say go with 30-35% sag. 30% equals .600 inches of sag on the shock, 35% equals .700 inches. Just for reference 20% equals .400, 25% equals .500. Hope this helps.

--FoolCyclist

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.