Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up all??? Fairly new to mtbr after having been away from biking for the last 4-5 years. Got the itch a couple months back to get back in the saddle....I think after I was done with golf for the year. Been saying for the last 2 or 3 years that I need/want to get back into it and never did for one reason or another other than the occasional ride here and there.

I have committed myself a little more this year with the purchase of a new rig...an '09 Ember Red ML (custom color....makes me wonder how many of them are out there yet)...via BikerBob....and yes he is "The Man" and is highly recommended. :thumbsup: He really knows his stuff and his passion is very evident. I look forward to working with him in the future! I can't say it enough....Thanks Bob!

Finally got it put together this weekend and can only look at it since it didn't get above 0 today....really! Good 'ol Nebraska weather. Plus, the lbs is out of sealant! (Cant even sit on the damn thing...even tried soapy water and a compressor and the rear SB8 wouldnt seal...oh well cant ride it anyways) She is a work of art in my eyes and I am not looking forward to the inevitable first scratch! Not even sure if I will take it out until the weather is dry and I can get it dialed in.

Anyways...don't want to drag on but here is a pic and Im looking forward to talking with everybody! (couldn't get my pic to upload...this is the one that Bob sent me)

09 ML Large Ember Red/RP23
XT/819 w/Nevegal front and SB8 rear
Fox Vanilla R
Stylo Crank
980 cassette
X9 rear and shifters
X7 front
Thomson post and stem 100 mm/10 deg
WTB SST saddle(temporary)
S3 headset
Stylo race riser bar
Avid BB7/flak jacket cables
Eggbeaters sls
lizardskin/bikerbob lock ons
I think thats it! Will definitely be looking to upgrade in time to lighten it up a little.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,727 Posts
craigstr said:
Yes, Bob is the man. Kenda tires can be impossible to seal with Stans, I dont even try anymore. By the way, you are going to need some pedals.
Need a good compressor and lots of patience. No worse than a WTB WW 2.55 LT. :)

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
simplton said:
hmmm... are you impying that color supercedes the ride? :yikes: :)
If it was all about the ride, I would have told him to get an El Guapo;)

Us fat big boned riders stuck on small ML's don't know how good the ML really is and are waiting on ride reports on the FTM.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
TiEndo said:
If it was all about the ride, I would have told him to get an El Guapo;)

Us fat big boned riders stuck on small ML's don't know how good the ML really is and are waiting on ride reports on the FTM.:rolleyes:
Makes sense. I suck for living in a state that doesn't have a Titus dealer.... :madman:

Never rode one of them fancy guapo's....

Bah... Wisconsin is too effin flat to warrant an El Guap....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.