Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saying Hello to all. Have been lurking around here for a while and like what I have been reading. I am out here in Pomona and have been riding around 10 miles each day, for about the last 4 months. Oh, by the way. Did I mention that I am 51 years young. And loving life. I have been mainly riding around town. With a little dirt riding out at Bonelli park. Hoping to get alittle more dirt riding in the future. I got myself a 2007 K2 Attack 2.0 for starters. I also have a 2005 Kona Dawg that I am getting together for my next bike. Just waiting for some parts to get here for it. I have to say that I learned so much while reading this site. Keep up the good work. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope to see some of you on the trails. Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
51?

Young whipper snapper!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome Joe - I'm new to the forums too after lurking for 6 months. You must be a tall old fella?

edit young fella - sorry mate :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry hope you didn't take it as offense i was just trying to imagine a person against the bike you had pictured( you ever seen bikes posted and you think a giant must be riding them? ) Trick photography. Keep up the good good work - inspiration to us all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. No offense taken here. I do have the bars raised a bit higher than normal. Had my back worked a few years ago. But, I have been lower the bars a little at a time. I am about ready to take that extension off of them and lower them where I would like them to be. Thanks again. Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
apache18 said:
Thanks. No offense taken here. I do have the bars raised a bit higher than normal. Had my back worked a few years ago. But, I have been lower the bars a little at a time. I am about ready to take that extension off of them and lower them where I would like them to be. Thanks again. Joe
Hey joe are you sure you couldnt just get a headset with a higher angle ? Did a local bike shop fit you out with the bike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The headset is what I was wanting when I bought that extension(shop did not have one in stock). I have a buddy that is a LBS owner. And he said the bike fit me pretty good. But to answer your question. No, I did not pay someone to fit me to the bike. I have just been taking his word on it. I had a problem bending over to hang onto the bars. All seems to be working out fine now. It sucks when you have back trouble. But, I don't let it get in my way to much. Joe

·
Registered
39 Posts
apache18 said:
I know what you mean about having trouble with your back as I had surgery for scoliosis about 2 years ago. Now I have a metal rod holding my spine straight making it difficult to bend over the bars like I'm "supposed" too, so I just have a more relaxed upright position. Keep at it, your back gets stronger, just take it easy when your hurting.

-Eric

1 - 12 of 12 Posts