Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you feel about using your MkIII for the occasional XC race? I usually race my singlespeed but would like to be able to race my trail bike once in a while without suffering excessively (yes, I know XC racing is all about suffering). I don't expect it to be optimal for racing but i'm hoping that between the DW link and the SPV fork it'll be pretty responsive to sudden acceleration and out of the saddle efforts.

·
Registered
578 Posts
andy f said:
How would you feel about using your MkIII for the occasional XC race? I usually race my singlespeed but would like to be able to race my trail bike once in a while without suffering excessively (yes, I know XC racing is all about suffering). I don't expect it to be optimal for racing but i'm hoping that between the DW link and the SPV fork it'll be pretty responsive to sudden acceleration and out of the saddle efforts.
it'll work , just hammer,slap on some python's

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You can definitely do it. Its as good of a race bike if not better than many of the popular 4" bikes out there. Actually, Salem Mazzaway has been competitively racing 5" dw-link Hollowpoints in New England and tearing it up for a few years now. Don't get me wrong, if you plan to XC a lot, the Azure has the geometry and weight to be a top level WC XC rig, but for the everyday rider, the MKIII is pretty awesome on the trail..

Dave

·
orthonormal
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
_dw said:
You can definitely do it. Its as good of a race bike if not better than many of the popular 4" bikes out there. Actually, Salem Mazzaway has been competitively racing 5" dw-link Hollowpoints in New England and tearing it up for a few years now. Don't get me wrong, if you plan to XC a lot, the Azure has the geometry and weight to be a top level WC XC rig, but for the everyday rider, the MKIII is pretty awesome on the trail..

Dave
Thanks for the info. I'm a 38 year old perennial mid-pack sport racer, no WC aspirations for me. I'm also an avid singlespeeder and have a tendency to push big gears out of the saddle even when I have the option to downshift and spin.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
compared to the ss

andy f said:
Thanks for the info. I'm a 38 year old perennial mid-pack sport racer, no WC aspirations for me. I'm also an avid singlespeeder and have a tendency to push big gears out of the saddle even when I have the option to downshift and spin.
I'd bet compared to the ss, it'd be a bit less suffering... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.