Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 TRANCE X2 which I have been riding for a year and a half that I am comfortable on, and would consider my self a intermediate rider on.

I havent really hit alot of jumps or drops and redeveloped those skills, but I am good with technical sections, steeps, etc....

A month ago I built my first DH rig to learn on and havent even gotten out on it... a IH YAKUZA...... Having not ridden the bike Im torn as to what I should take to Mammoth.....

Any thoughts????

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
A-NON-A said:
I have a 08 TRANCE X2 which I have been riding for a year and a half that I am comfortable on, and would consider myself a intermediate rider on.

I haven't really hit a lot of jumps or drops and redeveloped those skills, but I am good with technical sections, steeps, etc....

A month ago I built my first DH rig to learn on and havent even gotten out on it... a IH YAKUZA...... Having not ridden the bike Im torn as to what I should take to Mammoth.....

Any thoughts????

If I were you I'd save the dh bike for the uphills and ride the trance on the dh trails. :rolleyes:

seriously, why did you build a dh bike if you're not going to ride it at the mammoth bike park? What trails are you planning on riding at Mammoth, have you ever been there before?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2w4s said:
If I were you I'd save the dh bike for the uphills and ride the trance on the dh trails. :rolleyes:

seriously, why did you build a dh bike if you're not going to ride it at the mammoth bike park? What trails are you planning on riding at Mammoth, have you ever been there before?

Sounds like a great idea :rolleyes:

The only reason I ask is because one bike I am extremely comfortable on and the other MORE CAPABLE bike... I havent even got to ride.

I also have never been to Mammoth or any bike park for that matter. Skill wise I do ride pretty aggresive but I havent ridden many areas where I can practice jumping, riding drops etc.....

Does Mammoth have good Beginner/Intermediate DH trails or is it mostly super gnarly stuff witn gaps, etc.????

Just trying to go up with a game plan for maximum enjoyment the 2 days I will be there.

·
Old,slow,still havin fun.
1,076 Posts
A-NON-A said:
Does Mammoth have good Beginner/Intermediate DH trails or is it mostly super gnarly stuff witn gaps, etc.????
Yes. I think Mammoth has plenty of stuff to have fun riding without ever catching air.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fgiraffe said:
Yes. I think Mammoth has plenty of stuff to have fun riding without ever catching air.

Sweet... I dont mind trying to catch air I just havent earned my wings and was afraid that the DH/Freeride trails would be littered with Gap Jumps and large drops.

Sounds like the Yakuza will get its maiden voyage at mammoth.

·
Professional Troll
2,647 Posts
A-NON-A said:
Sweet... I dont mind trying to catch air I just havent earned my wings and was afraid that the DH/Freeride trails would be littered with Gap Jumps and large drops.
Nah, mammoth is more old school DH trails. Gnarly natural features, fast, and blown out. Super fun.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gemini2k05 said:
Nah, mammoth is more old school DH trails. Gnarly natural features, fast, and blown out. Super fun.

This info helps since I dont know what to expect up there bein a first timer

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes, bring it. Any bike will do. I saw a couple of people taking their full rigid up there. Just pick the trails accordingly.

dhbomber said:
I know this is probably a dumb question, that I could figure it out by myself...
But I will have an Intense tracer vp soon...Would it be ok to ride that on the bike park? I'm sure I won't do the big drops, but would it be ok to ride the downhill stuff and just omit the huge features?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts