Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could not find any info on my current problem. my front rotor can rotate maybe an eight of an inch in either direction so it feels like something is wrong. how can i tighten the rotor soit doesnt get any forward, backward play?

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sory but i am new to the disc break craze. what are the rotor bolts and how would i bottom them out. if some one can please tell me in dumb mans terms that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Your bolts

your rotor bolts are the six screws that hold your rotor onto your hub. take the wheel off and see how it's connected. bottoming out them means: were the bolts too long so that they hit the hub (or something) that prevented them from seating completely. make sure there is still room under the end of the bolt as well as making sure they are tight

hope that helps :cool:

·
Registered
345 Posts
yep thats it

sorry for the terms I used I could have made it easier to understand. On some hubs it can be a big Problem if the screws hit bottom before they clamp the rotor it can snap the hub. A good way to check is to screw the bolts in with out the rotor ( do not tighten) and then see if the rotor fits between the head of the screw and hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.