Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i sent out my leaky brakes today, i thought pricepoint would just send me a new pair as soon as i could give them a tracking number on the shipment goign back to them. apparently they arent a fan of this, so i would have to wait a week till the brakes got to them, then they were gonna ship em out to hayes for warranty. so i wouldnt have my brakes back for a week or 2. so i decided im just gonna cancell that order and buy from somewhere else(i cant wait 2 weeks)

my questions is is there any difference between the hayes hfx mag xc and dh version. the information is identical for both brakes, it seems the onyl difference is one has an 8 inch rotor and one has a 6. if there isnt any difference ill just use my old 8 inch rotors and save the cash for somethign else.

G

·
austinb89 said:
well i sent out my leaky brakes today, i thought pricepoint would just send me a new pair as soon as i could give them a tracking number on the shipment goign back to them. apparently they arent a fan of this, so i would have to wait a week till the brakes got to them, then they were gonna ship em out to hayes for warranty. so i wouldnt have my brakes back for a week or 2. so i decided im just gonna cancell that order and buy from somewhere else(i cant wait 2 weeks)

my questions is is there any difference between the hayes hfx mag xc and dh version. the information is identical for both brakes, it seems the onyl difference is one has an 8 inch rotor and one has a 6. if there isnt any difference ill just use my old 8 inch rotors and save the cash for somethign else.
Mag HD- 520 grams
Mag XC-420 grams
this is on my hayes poster, and I dont know if that includes rotors...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
I would call them and tell them either send out some new brakes immediatly or i will just cancel the order...be NICE but firm......if the person you talk to says no...ask for his boss and so on.....then just cancel it if they don't send it right away....2 weeks without a major part of a bike is too long

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
The other obvious difference is the caliper mount adaptor. You can't order a set of 6" brakes and use 8" rotors without buying the proper 8" adaptors.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
el-cid said:
The other obvious difference is the caliper mount adaptor. You can't order a set of 6" brakes and use 8" rotors without buying the proper 8" adaptors.
well thats a given, i was plannign on using my existign 8 inch rotors instead of buyign another kit with 8 inch rotors and waste money on that. i was just curious if u were payign for some performance upgrade between the xc and dh or was it just becuase the rotor.

i think im gonna try to call pricepoitn up today and ask them if they will send me the new brakes, othewise ill take my buisness elsewhere

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.