Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
giddyup!
68 Posts
Contact for Ground Up?

I'm looking for a frame with dropouts like that. How do I contact Ground Up? I googled 'em and couldn't find 'em online.

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Soulcraft and Wily also have experience with those drop outs, but I am sure that any custom frame builder would use those if you like. As for the GU, damn that is one HOT bike!!!

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NRSLove said:
I'm looking for a frame with dropouts like that. How do I contact Ground Up? I googled 'em and couldn't find 'em online.

Thanks!
PM me a mail addy and I will give you the phone # as you will proably get no response from via the website.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
incredible. be sure to post pics of the complete bike.
is that a cable guide by the water bottle bosses on the downtube? I guess I will see when the whole shebang is built up.
I love the pinstripes.

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
appleSSeed said:
I do believe those are paragons

and Wily's are available with the same DO's

www.wilycycles.com

same builder too

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that bike is hot!
different builder...ground up's are fab'd in colorado springs. there is a fair bit of builders subbing out work and i believe some of the wily fillet brazed frames get sub'd out, hence the similarities.

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jh_on_the_cape said:
incredible. be sure to post pics of the complete bike.
is that a cable guide by the water bottle bosses on the downtube? I guess I will see when the whole shebang is built up.
I love the pinstripes.
the hydro cable routes on the downtube...i will get some built pic up later today.

·
pepito
640 Posts
nice frame. i've yet to see two frames come out of his shop looking even remotely similar. that guy's got some talent and imagination. i can't wait to see the final build.

the_dude

·
hispanic mechanic
2,696 Posts
Actually, same guy...

32x18 said:
different builder...ground up's are fab'd in colorado springs. there is a fair bit of builders subbing out work and i believe some of the wily fillet brazed frames get sub'd out, hence the similarities.
Until recently Eric Baar of GU was doing the fillet brazing for Wily. I know mine, Appleseed's, and motoman's were torched by him.

the los

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sslos said:
Until recently Eric Baar of GU was doing the fillet brazing for Wily. I know mine, Appleseed's, and motoman's were torched by him.

the los
you are correct....Eric was doing the fillet brazing for Wily. By different builder I meant not Wily cycles producing frames under the name Ground Up.

Sparticus said:
May I please sleep with your frame?
sorry no....only puts out for me. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.