Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I had a great ride at Lake Tahoe with T Horse. We Started at Mt. Rose and took the Tahoe Rim Trail (TRT) to Kingsbury via The Flume. We then took part of the new TRT section toward Stagecoach, and then went down to the former Burger King on Lake Tahoe Boulevard via some fairly primitive trails. We call this the Burger Kingsbury ride. The weather was perfect most of the way and I had perhaps my best day ever at Tahoe. I was determined to stay on the bike and I tried, and made, a lot of new obstacles, particularly uphill ones. I also had my best day ever on the five mile climb from Spooner Summit to the Kingsbury Bench. I took nearly a half hour off on the formerly two hour climb. T Horse was riding quite well and it helped to stay close to him. Toward the end of the ride we hit a brief thunderstorm with hail, and it got fairly cold. But it cleared up by the time we finished.

T Horse

Me

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Choose the right route

I am thinking of going up to Tahoe and hitting The Flume, ... any advice/things to watch out for from your side?
The Flume is an easy ride, but there are several ways to do it depending on how long/difficult you want to make it. Most people take the worst route, up a boring fire road from Spooner Lake.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking of doing the reverse, taking a shuttle up to Mt Rose I believe from Spooner and then going all the not sure it runs both ways but I assume it would.
Any other recommendation. I would reckon I have all day (wife is out of town) and
think I look for a 20 -25 mile ride with moderate climbing, being aware that this a bit higher than what I usually ride at.

The Flume is an easy ride, but there are several ways to do it depending on how long/difficult you want to make it. Most people take the worst route, up a boring fire road from Spooner Lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.