Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
most of ya know my ex brother in law was lost last fri in a helecopter crash along with 3 other good men. rick and i left on less than good terms last time we talked so im goin home to change that the best i can. its too late to shake his hand but too early to say goodbye. more here if yer interested. im not lookin for sympathy, as a matter of fact im not sure why im postin this. it just feels right. sorry for the small pic but its all ive got left after losein the hard drive.

rick krolac

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey CC, not to get all hippie on you, but... good luck with this journey. Given the circumstances, it seems like you've got the right attitude here.

Take care,

--MW

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Sorry to hear for the loss CC, I missed the first meniton of this. Good luck on your search for the rigtht closure.

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
Crazy situation for sure. Happened less than 1 block from my office. If there is any silver lining, the guy who started this whole thing is being charged with 4 counts of murder.

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
I was really sorry to hear about this even before I knew you had history with him. There has been talk about this among the broadcasters here in New England.
My thoughts are with you CC as well as the families of all the victims.

I actually had a long conversation with the chief engineer on one of the Boston stations that was started by him telling me about this incident. All we could really hope was that he was doing what he loved to do. Most of us are, or we wouldn't put up with the stuff we have to put up with in this crazy industry.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jhardy said:
Ludicrous if he is.
im not sayin i dissagree. what i an sayin is im tired of hearin about it and all the other crap like how evil rick and the others were for killin the country by workin in media. if thats what ya want, go to abc 15's condolences blog, theres plenty of it there. for gawds sake, countless families includin my own just got hammered and you wanna discuss the politics of it in front of me? pure class.

·
Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
1,469 Posts
It is hard to have a brother that you don't or can't get along with. For me my brother won't talk to me or my Mom. I am glad to be free of the constant judgment and condemnation. I feel really bad for my Mom, and my niece though.

I hope you get what you need out of the trip.

G

·
Cactus,

Please accept my condolences. I also lost a good friend in a helicopter accident. It was a terrible situation. Because of this accident, it is my personal policy to avoid riding in helicopters. Those things go down all the time. Best of everything to you.

Chow
Andykiller

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
Sorry to hear this, CC. I hope your trip works out well though. Some of the most amazing and brave people are journalists and cameramen working all over the world. These guys are in the midst of things all the time and risk their lives.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
heard about this on the news...crazy accident...sorry to hear one of the victims was a relative. :(

hang in there...you of all people know that time heals all wounds...seein' as your live hasn't exactly been easy...;)

keep your chin up and take care! :)

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,626 Posts
cactuscorn said:
most of ya know my ex brother in law was lost last fri in a helecopter crash along with 3 other good men. rick and i left on less than good terms last time we talked so im goin home to change that the best i can. its too late to shake his hand but too early to say goodbye. more here if yer interested. im not lookin for sympathy, as a matter of fact im not sure why im postin this. it just feels right. sorry for the small pic but its all ive got left after losein the hard drive.

rick krolac
Sorry to hear about this. I saw the crash on the news here, but I didn't really know anyone that was very connected to any of the people in the crash.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hey CC

cactuscorn said:

rick krolac
CC,
Hang in there, everything will work its way out in time. Real sorry to hear this. Its tough. My family's business back in Michigan is the mortuary business. In my previous life about 20 years ago I had to be a part of burying friends and relatives through our funeral home, glad I dont have to do that undertaker stuff anymore. But it brings a bit of feeling to me about what your going through. I really want to re-iterate what Jerk Chicken said in his post, ....."Ride it off"..... quite good advice being the lover of bikes you are as well as all of us in these forums.

So since it is a bike forum, here in picture form, is a little boost to get you thinking of riding it off...............
Yes that is a chick riding the rock garden quite well on a blue 5 Spot.
CC.........Chin up, posi attitude and go get some fresh air on the bike.

Attachments

·
wrecking crew
1,392 Posts
My condolences CC. I know what it's like to lose family members in air accidents. I lost my dad in a sailplane accident a few years back and watching/hearing about it just made my heart sink and brings back the pain I know the families/friends are feeling now. I also know a rider/helicopter mech here who knew the ch15 crew well and he was definitely hit hard.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts