Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after replacing the original free hub body approximately one month after purchasing the bike, the replacement hub is toast after about one month. The hub doesn't free wheel, and the free hub is exceptionally rough when moved by hand.

I have contacted Borealis and will once again be out a bike. I acknowledge that it's best practice to contact the manufacturer before posting, but I am really disappointed that the parts don't match the price of the bike. I'd expect such performance if it was a department store bike, but this is unacceptable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues you have had with our hubs. We will take care of you as quickly as possible and also take care of the shop labor. Please contact me anytime at (320)328-2453. Thank you.

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
I am wondering how many issues there are. It seems that Borealis is taking care of problems Very well. I think that is all we can expect for now.

I hope they are saving some of the money they have made this past year to make changes and cover warranty issues without going broke.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lame. At least they are helpful. I have had freehub issues since freehubs replaced freewheels. It sucks! Spare wheels help. I9 hubs or Hope or Hadley help. Stay positive !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A big thank you to Steve and his team at Borealis for many speedy responses and clear, thoughtful communication. While I'm disappointed with the quality of the hubs, I am pleased with the service from Borealis. I'll post pics later this week.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, little girl comments aside, it's what happens when the bike is stored outside just under the eves of a camp after a warm day and -15 night.

·
Laramie, Wyoming
1,941 Posts
A big thank you to Steve and his team at Borealis for many speedy responses and clear, thoughtful communication. While I'm disappointed with the quality of the hubs, I am pleased with the service from Borealis. I'll post pics later this week.
I would say that this is Great to hear about.

·
Your Best Friend
5,407 Posts
I would have pee'd on it. Just for an excuse to say I had to pee on my bike once.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts