Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a '02 Enduro that I just took all the parts from to build a new ride. Was intending to sell the frame when I noticed what looks like a few extremely fine cracks in the paint just off the bottom of the weld at the headtube/downtube junction. Problem is I can't tell if these are the beginnings of fatigue cracking of the underlying frame material, at least not by my own eye (I'd put up some pics but doubt that cracks would even be visible on camera).

Does anybody have a feel for whether or not Specialized will even bother looking at a frame where the cracking is so subtle? I'd like to be able sell the frame, but only if I'm sure that it's going to be safe. Any and all advice you guys could offer woud be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely planning to, but my guess is they'll take one look at it and say it's too small to even bother sending up to Specialized. If I don't get it looked at by Specialized, I won't be able to sell the frame in good conscience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.