Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Wheel Jones Bike Shop in East Mesa was broken into Saturday night (12/13). They got away with one bike, a 2008 GT Fury, size small, white color. If anyone sees one on ebay, craigslist, etc please post up or contact the shop (480)380-8222.
Thanks, Mark.

·
dirt visionary
6,516 Posts
I live on that side of town and will keep be on the look out .

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike shop break-in. Alot of time its tweakers (meth freaks) who will try to pawn the bike somewhere. Up here in NW Arizona (Kingman) it happens all the time. I would check the pawn shops in the area, thats where the stolen bikes and other stuff usually ends up at.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just to help people look for the right bike, it's a GT Force 2...haha I would've felt bad for the poor bastard that got tackled for riding a white GT Fury! Haha. Thanks for keeping your guy's eyes open though:)

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SewperDrewper said:
Just to help people look for the right bike, it's a GT Force 2...haha I would've felt bad for the poor bastard that got tackled for riding a white GT Fury! Haha. Thanks for keeping your guy's eyes open though:)
Ooops....sorry. Nothing like sending out the wrong information....:bluefrown: I should have gotten my facts straight before posting this...

·
Master Gardener
1,347 Posts
The only funny thing about this situation is... if you look on eGay right now, you'll see people being forced to sell $2000 mountain bikes for $500. The market just ain't there. I have a $2600 Dura Ace road bike I can't sell for $1,000.

What kind of a ******* thief breaks into a business to steal something they won't be able to sell anyway? Go break into a grocery store or something... the price of food is ridiculous.

·
dirt visionary
6,516 Posts
I have seen this bike on Ironwood between Superstition and Main. I am positive the person riding it couldn't afford the bike as they were riding with some local druggies/low life loosers that I have seen many times pedaling around. Hopefully I will spot it again.

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool, thanks for keeping an eye out. It would be great to actually catch one of these punks some day....

·
Meatbomb
7,819 Posts
Velokid1 said:
The only funny thing about this situation is... if you look on eGay right now, you'll see people being forced to sell $2000 mountain bikes for $500. The market just ain't there. I have a $2600 Dura Ace road bike I can't sell for $1,000.

What kind of a ******* thief breaks into a business to steal something they won't be able to sell anyway? Go break into a grocery store or something... the price of food is ridiculous.
tweakers don't think like that. They will simply trade it for a few rocks and not look past the next high.

A few years back when i lived in Mesa I had a tweaker that lived next door and was cooking. He had a garage full of nice crap. One day the cops showed up and shut him down :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
dirt visionary
6,516 Posts
Two wheel jones will learn like most other shops....DNA finally got their security right after a few times. Now they have steel doors that cover the front of the shop.

·
eat your porridge jordie
293 Posts
Jeez man it's getting really bad... I've had two locked up bikes ripped off within the past 2 months. Really hurts with my road bike, I used that bike to get literally everywhere. Breaking into bike shops? Man....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts