Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the train keeps rollin
3,214 Posts
Was out there Saturday, conditions are perfect:thumbsup:

Going again today at 3:30 if anyone can make it. Last hour of the ride will be with lights.

I think the riding is best this time of year, no mud or bugs:D

AOF, we have to do a trail swap one of these days.

·
Registered
750 Posts
snowdrifter said:

Ayuh!

Just got back, from a Ft Rock "lunch" ride.

I have been feeling a little stale riding the same place all the time, but right now I am loving it.

Frozen ponds are really fun to ride.:thumbsup:

The trails are primo IMO.

Maybe some place different this weekend.

-Dan

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snowdrifter said:
Was out there Saturday, conditions are perfect:thumbsup:

Going again today at 3:30 if anyone can make it. Last hour of the ride will be with lights.

I dont know, I've been biten by the riding bug over and over:skep:

·
Registered
907 Posts
AOF said:
As a fellow 29er SSer, what studs are you using? I'm in the market for some.
-dan
I bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta W240's. Pics and description about half way down this page. It's really the only studded 700c tire made for trail use (all the others just have center studs), but it's only 40mm wide. I'm okay with that on the rear, but I wanted something wider on the front so made my own out of an extra Ignitor. I removed a bunch of knobs to open up the tread pattern a bit so it wouldn't pack up with snow, then drilled pilot holes and put in 240 stainless steel #4-40 3/16" set screws. There's a picture on the bike29 blog. I only have one short test ride, but so far so good. I'll post more about it on the 29er board once I have more time on it.

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
VT Mike said:
Rob

I might be in North Conway in the middle of next week. I have studded tires on the 29er single speed. Can you get out for a ride on Thursday?

Mike
Hi Mike - yes, I'd be down for a ride. I'll need to look around to find something good, as there's just enough snow to screw up most of the trails.

You have my phone & email?

·
Registered
907 Posts
radair said:
Hi Mike - yes, I'd be down for a ride. I'll need to look around to find something good, as there's just enough snow to screw up most of the trails.

You have my phone & email?
I might have them on my old computer but I'd have to do some digging to find them, might as well shoot me an email or PM. I'm pretty out of shape, so flat and icy would be fine with me.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.