Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had a little company on my climb up Southridge to Audra Culver last night, a pretty nice sized black bear was cruising just off the fireroad along side me while I was climbing up. He was not too interested in me, just checking stuff out in the trees mostly. Was quite a site! He looked to be a good 250+ lbs at least, possibly bigger. At one point he closed in to about 40ft of the trail, wild! The other shots are from Audra Culver & Wathen.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
Nice. Ive only seen a black bear once while riding and had the same experience - he didn't seem at all interested in me. Nonetheless, very cool.

I'm diggin' just how green everyone's pictures are lately - this rain has made me change my plans a few times, but what a beautiful riding season so far.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Squeaky Wheel said:
I'm OK with the bears.
The rattlers don't bother me too much either.

It's the mountain lions that give me nightmares
That's because those bastards hide in high places & hit ya from behind. At least the bears are kind enough to look you in the eye before ripping you into two peices :D

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
XC Dawg said:
what kind of bike are you riding? I see the Ti handle bars, is your frame Ti as well? looks sweet
Kinda look like Sunline V-One bars on a Nomad to me.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XC Dawg said:
what kind of bike are you riding? I see the Ti handle bars, is your frame Ti as well? looks sweet
Not much Ti on my bike, spring & a few parts perhaps :thumbsup:

It is a 2009 Nomad with Sunline bars, stem, plus an anod frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jradin said:
You're new to the area and you've already spotted a bear???
It's not fair!
I know huh, lucky me! What other crazy creatures ya'll got out here?? Already seen a couple snakes, no biggie there, Sasquatch?? Chupacabra maybe?? Ligers??

·
Bodhisattva
10,833 Posts
inkpad said:
I know huh, lucky me! What other crazy creatures ya'll got out here?? Already seen a couple snakes, no biggie there, Sasquatch?? Chupacabra maybe?? Ligers??
west nile virus carrying mosquitoes

and with all the rains we've had, I expect it to be a bad summer/fall. Don't forget your DEET.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Squeaky Wheel said:
west nile virus carrying mosquitoes

and with all the rains we've had, I expect it to be a bad summer/fall. Don't forget your DEET.
Tell me about it! I was fine at the trailhead last night, during the ride, even after the ride, no bites. Then I went to a buddy's house afterwards off Trilby Rd & was eaten alive in 5 minutes, I think he was breeding the damn things.

·
Bodhisattva
10,833 Posts
inkpad said:
Tell me about it! I was fine at the trailhead last night, during the ride, even after the ride, no bites. Then I went to a buddy's house afterwards off Trilby Rd & was eaten alive in 5 minutes, I think he was breeding the damn things.
Lots of disgusting things live off Trilby. Particularly on Flagler road.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I haven't seen any bears so far this year and I'm up there 5 days a week - though I got two reports of a bear on Westridge from two different riders on Saturday morning . . .

·
flowcus
153 Posts
I saw my first Colorado bear about a month ago climbing Timber trail. He was just lumbering down one of the drainages. I didn't get as close as ink but it still gave me the chills. It gave me a wee bit more motivation to keep motoring. I love predators.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts