Chris King BB
Ergon GR2 grips
Stans Flow rims laced to DT Swiss Hugi FR (440) hubs
Syntace carbon riser bar, F119 stem, alloy P6 seatpost

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice! Slap an uppy downy post on there and you're good to go!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rockyuphill said:
What's the weight on that build?
@ rockyuphill: 29lbs. Every place I subtracted a bit of weight, I wound up regaining it in other places.

@ mcstumpy: They're great! Much better than the Elixirs I had on my old HiFi 29er.

@ RMB-PM: I was ready to pick up a Rumblefish to replace my HiFi 29er until Kurtis came along and showed me the way. I need to find out where he got that cool top cap for his Slayer!

This bike is amazing. Stangely enough when you look at it, it looks like the geometry is all whacked out, but when you sit on it and let it sag.... Ohhhh yeahhhh!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Great looker! Bonus that the Reba gold matches the frame gold.
The fork came with silver decals on it. Coincidentally, there was a sticker pack in the box with these nifty matching decals.

I'm still trying to figure out why they put the matching Deus crank on the stock bike, but chose to forgo using the same bar/stem/post!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
simenf said:
Any comparison from the GF HiFi?

Am ridign one now and considering the swop...
The Rocky, even though it weighs a bit more than my HiFi, is much laterally stiffer, much smoother, climbs better and descends like a missile. The only places the Hifi had it beat was slightly in pedaling efficiently and about a pound in weight. I would call the altitude a super efficient rumblefish, moreso than compare to a HiFi. If you're going to be racing, the Hifi is the better bike. For training and fun riding, the Altitude is the definate winner! I live in AZ and the trails out here are perpetual rock gardens with lots of techy goodness. While the HiFi did well out here, it always felt a bit nervous and fragile, especially when the going got rough. The Altitude feels right at home and is confidence inspiring. The Hifi always felt kind of 'along for the ride' and like it was relying on my skillset to get it through the rough stuff. 2 points to bear in mind during this post...
1. I am riding the "older" 2009 Hifi.
2. I had the Hifi's suspension dialed in and figured out. I'm still working on the Rocky.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks for the input. I am also on the older HiFi with pushed rear suspension. Race some techy marathons but am finding myself more and more on the trails so I thought about reflecting that in my bike choice too. Mostly hilly and rooty woodlands with rocks thrown in.

So maybe the HiFi is a keeper for the few races I do and let the Altitude do the trails. Could you elaborate more on the Rumblefish - Altitude comparison?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts