Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read most of the reviews for the 520's before I picked mine up. I must say they are pretty nice pedals.

The thing that I'm concerned about is that when I first set them up, I had the tension screw almost all the way out, near the very edge of the screw itself. I had the hard time getting in and out. So I tightened the screws all the way down to the point where they would not go any further in. This made clipping in and out extremely easy. From what I've read, it always sounded like it should be the opposite, all the way down=tighter, all the way out=looser. Did Shimano change the mechanics of this or was I just wrong from the start??

·
Wizard of the Trail
912 Posts
i have both 540s and 520s. I turn the screww towards the - sign to easy and + for tighter. I never turned them all the way tight. I will see what that does when I get around to it. I had mine 4 clicks from the easiest setting and it was somewhat tough to unclip.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Geist262 said:
i have both 540s and 520s. I turn the screww towards the - sign to easy and + for tighter.
Ya, that's how it should be Geist. but as for the origional post, regardless of why, just use whatever setting seems to feel best for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.