Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RIDE...
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola!
I have been very happy with my epic S-works 26" (2011) and I just got convinced to have the 29" also, for long distances and multi stage marathons.
I have Q-rings installed on my 26" and have been very happy with performance, recently I have noticed that the spider on the 29" is different than the one on found the 26", question, are the same bolt distance? , the one in the 29" looks like is for 3 chainrings.

best!

Marco

·
RIDE...
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's not the same bcd, buy the spider for the XX rings and all you need is a spacer to install (See more S-works epic 29er problem thread)

Did you order Sram or XTR? Were you given a projected date of arrival?
I ordered the shimano, black in black :thumbsup: it is supposed to arrive on late november

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It's not the same bcd, buy the spider for the XX rings and all you need is a spacer to install (See more S-works epic 29er problem thread)

Did you order Sram or XTR? Were you given a projected date of arrival?

·
Registered
37 Posts
When i was looking for a s-works triple (104 bcd) spider that works with the s-works cranks and my 34T SS Q-ring, I was told to buy the 29er 2x10 spider and it would be 104bcd, but it had Truvativ chainrings I didn't want. I ended up just buying a Lightning spider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.