Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put one of these on my heckler about a week ago. Ive given it about 8-10 hours since then and it feels like the stiction is starting to improve.
My question is how do you have yours set up?
I have about 25psi in the preload chamber and ive got the rebound knob about halfway turned out.
it feels pretty good, but im getting a lot of rattling. Sounds like the coils are smacking around in the stanchions without any oil in there. IS this normal?
Dont know much about fork guts so im a little hesitant to opening that thing up and checking the oil.
what do you think?

·
Registered
462 Posts
There could be very little oil in there, but that is probably not the case. Marzoccis oil levels have been known to vary quite a bit. Since you have the air preload, it is probabley not a big deal, though. I would suggest taking it to a shop to have them look at it. It should not be making any rattling sounds. These are some of the most reliable, best performing forks on the market IMO.

·
Registered
180 Posts
dimwit said:
I put one of these on my heckler about a week ago. Ive given it about 8-10 hours since then and it feels like the stiction is starting to improve.
My question is how do you have yours set up?
I have about 25psi in the preload chamber and ive got the rebound knob about halfway turned out.
it feels pretty good, but im getting a lot of rattling. Sounds like the coils are smacking around in the stanchions without any oil in there. IS this normal?
Dont know much about fork guts so im a little hesitant to opening that thing up and checking the oil.
what do you think?
Do you got the Coil version, or do you got the SL air version?

I got the Coil version and don't run any psi. I weight about 160-165.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts