Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has heard of or used color anodized spokes, i mean they have black spokes so why not have like red or white spokes.

and yes i already googled it

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
becasue not everyone like yourself is more set on having a tacky brighty coloured bike than actually riding it. if you want pretty spokes to go with your pretty streamers then buy some good spokes and paint them yourself, oh wait. youve tried that allready and failed miserably.

get somone else to paint them for you then... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BJ- said:
becasue not everyone like yourself is more set on having a tacky brighty coloured bike than actually riding it. if you want pretty spokes to go with your pretty streamers then buy some good spokes and paint them yourself, oh wait. youve tried that allready and failed miserably.

get somone else to paint them for you then... :rolleyes:
i admited to the whole hub painting thing going down in flames but i never painted any spokes, and dont make fun of my streamers they make the bike more aerodynamic

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dear @$$wipe,
its winter in maine, theres nothing to do besides mainetain the bikes and get new parts for them, so STFU about the whole "you dont ride u just paint ur bike" thing. And im also pretty sure urbanFR is a pretty good painter, its just he didnt know how to de lace the rim so he was trying to do it with it laced. And as I see, you still havnt changed your tam.....nvm. later.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
also he was looking to BUY some....not make them, but i should paint some spokes reall sh1tty just to set you off..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
noice boike..noice boike...

i was going to say tampon, as it seems as if your always pmsing on these boards.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
KevinM[Freerider] said:
i was going to say tampon, as it seems as if your always pmsing on these boards.
funny how youd acuse me of PMSing on the board when your the ones cracking the shiats at me. if you dont want people to make fun of you, dont post stupid things and act like 5 year olds...

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BJ- said:
funny how youd acuse me of PMSing on the board when your the ones cracking the shiats at me. if you dont want people to make fun of you, dont post stupid things and act like 5 year olds...
i hope that wasnt directed at me becasue i have no part in this argument, i actually asked a ligitement question, so just leave me out of ur little fight

edit: and my question wasnt stupid

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Every post i have seen you make is negative. its all saying something mean or just not even positive. thats why i said that. i am only complaining about you, because u just b1ch in other peoples threads. oight mate? i would rather be acting like a 5 year old NOT saying a good question is stupid than acting like my friends 106 year old grandfather who b1tches at everything saying everything is stupid.

·
CNC Dude
97 Posts
industry nine

Check out this site: http://www.industrynine.net

Of course, they're not cheap, but they do look fly! I have two sets - one on the BigShit, and one on a DNA. No problems yet, and did I mention how fly they look? They can anodize ANY COLOR YOU WANT - I know this guy just ordered a set in PURPLE!

·
CNC Dude
97 Posts
KevinM[Freerider] said:
dear @$$wipe,
its winter in maine,blahblahblah, so STFU blahblahblahblah...later.
(does that mean "seriously though, FU" - how eighth-grade-girl!)

C'mon, Kev - lighten up. After all, you're talking to a guy who's probably old enough to not have his mom drop him off at the skatepark for the afternoon. You do have a tendency to flame people rather quickly yourself, buddy. I know you probably just got parental controls removed from your internet access, and you're probably just acting out like the enthusiastic youth that you are, but let's not call the kettle black, huh?

·
Registered
7 Posts
shopvet said:
Check out this site: http://www.industrynine.net

Of course, they're not cheap, but they do look fly! I have two sets - one on the BigShit, and one on a DNA. No problems yet, and did I mention how fly they look? They can anodize ANY COLOR YOU WANT - I know this guy just ordered a set in PURPLE!
arn't anodised spokes crap? if they are anything like blake ones they are weaker. sure they would look kool but how hard do u ride, theyed be expensive to replace all the time

·
Registered
144 Posts
the reason they don't have anodized spokes is that you can only anodize aluminum. unfortunately spokes are pretty much all steel in my experience.

and if you're interested, here's why:

anodizing works by growing a layer of porous Al2O3 on the surface of aluminum that is thicker than that which coats all aluminum exposed to the atmosphere (you never see pure aluminum on poles and whatnot due to a surface layer of Al2O3). Into this porous layer you insert dye particles of whatever color you wish and then seal them in. The benefit of this is that in the case of aluminum, the oxidized form of the stuff (Al2O3), is of a density such that it adheres to the pure aluminum surface quite well while also being harder than pure aluminum (thus protecting the surface). In steel the oxidized forms of the material are Fe2O3 and Fe3O4. We are familiar with both of these, and are typically know as read and black rust. Unlike in aluminum, the density of oxidized iron is such that it sloughs off of the underlying steel surface and falls away, doing nothing much to protect the surface and not providing the porous surface into which dye particles can be trapped as is the case in aluminum anodizing.

there are various types of anodizing as well that are defined by temperature and various other factors at which the process is performed. These have the effect of producing different characteristics in the surface layer such as a thicker coat, yet some limit the colors one can insert to only dark ones. incidentally titanium can also be anodized, though i believe the number of colors is limited there as well compared to the more common forms of anodized aluminum.

so there's your science lesson for the day. as long as you have steel, anodization doesn't work. if you had aluminum or titanium then sure, but i'm not sure i would trust those due to their modes of failure compared to steel, particular in a DH/FR context. There might be other ways to color steel of course, but not anodization.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.