Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted my bike on the classified and got this U.K. buyer interested. But his (buying) tactics seems to be familiar as of those reported on the scam report sites but with revised lines. Claiming he is buying for his client and payment will be in verified cashier "cheque" or his so-called American associate will pay on his behalf since he owns him some money. I supposed that this scam artist is not aware that we mtbr members are much smarter that his false intentions and ******** stories.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Personally, I'd really like to see one of those "non-annoying" scams.

Kn.

·
Registered
106 Posts
lauck said:
I posted my bike on the classified and got this U.K. buyer interested. But his (buying) tactics seems to be familiar as of those reported on the scam report sites but with revised lines. Claiming he is buying for his client and payment will be in verified cashier "cheque" or his so-called American associate will pay on his behalf since he owns him some money. I supposed that this scam artist is not aware that we mtbr members are much smarter that his false intentions and ******** stories.
I too was subject to their nonsense. They tried to offer me 10x what I was asking and told me to send another cashier's check to some person here in the states. WTF was that about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.