Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say adios to this decade in style... come to Barbie Camp.

Fall Barbie Camp is coming up! Now in its 15th year, Barbie Camp AKA "BC" is a mountain bike mini-festival & campout that happens in sunny central Oregon every spring and fall. Campers enjoy group mountain bike rides, warm themselves around a big bonfire into the night, socialize, consume & share their favorite beverages, wear silly clothes, tell raunchy jokes, ride strange bikes and just plain have a blast. Barbie Camp takes its name from a 3 ft. plastic Barbie doll that has been our mascot lo these many years. No, Barbie is not inflatable.

In keeping with BC tradition, you'll have a chance to win 6ish months use of the beautiful Barbie Bike, a pink singlespeed originally donated by Vulture Cycles (raffle will be Saturday night; visit camp for details).

Bring your hopped up kiddie bike or other HPV. BC's midget bike fireside crit is too much fun. Check it out on this YouTube link.

Anyone 18+ years of age who grasps the concept of laughing at themselves and is tolerant of filthy jokes and that kind of stuff is welcome at Barbie Camp. If this sounds like you, then c'mon out. Thanks for leaving the kids at home. Really. Nobody under 18 allowed at BC.

Here's the dope:
FALL 2009 BARBIE CAMP DATES = October 23-25
THEME THIS FALL = Wigs. Wear yo' wig hat, honey
BRANDING IRONS = The BC tradition continues! Yes, there will be branding irons at BC... are you ready to wear the Disciples of Dirt brand?
POTLUCK = Saturday evening. Bring something to share. But don't stay home if you can't! Potluck is optional. If you don't bring something to share, then throw down a donation to the International Barbie Camp Potluck Foundation for the sake of good karma.
BC LOCATION = About 15 miles NW of Sisters, Oregon (45 mi. N. of Bend). Email me for specific directions to the campsite: daveysprockett at gmail dot com (Put "Barbie Camp" in the subject line lest I delete assuming spam.)
VENUE = Disbursed campsite on the south bank of Lake Creek near Black Butte, Oregon. (This is NOT the same venue as Spring Barbie Camp.) There are no picnic tables, no potable water, no nuthin' there. Bring yer own everything.
AMENITIES = Okay, you don't have to quite bring everything. We'll supply a portapotty, firewood and probably a pop-up shelter or two (bring yours, too please). Bring everything else you'll need to camp in semi-wilderness, including drinking water, camp chair, table, etc.
DONATIONS = Gladly accepted. Your $5-10 donation makes it possible for us to provide the portapotty, shelter and firewood. We'll pass the hat on Saturday evening. Thank you for your cash contribution.
P.S. Sometimes it gets really cold at night. Be prepared.

What's BC like? Here are links to a few previous Fall BC events:
Fall 2006 BC reports
Saturday 2006 Trail 99
Fall 2007
Fall 2008

Direct questions to me. Hope to see ya there,
--Sparty
AKA Davey Sprockett, King of the Wild Front Tire
Disciples of Dirt Founder, 1987

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
SeenYour Crash said:
Cache Mtn on Saturday?
PRT (Peterson Ridge Trail) Sunday?

Conditions should be off the hook.

Cache Mtn has had hundreds of hours of vegetation clearing done in the last couple weeks and will be packed down nicely by BBFT.

PRT trail system is complete and waits to be explored.

Crash
I thought you were talking about a Friday ride too?

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Can't wait to attend my 13th Barbie Camp next weekend, and Krissy will be joining me for the first time too!

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hallelujah! Let's just hope Krissy isn't half the partisan, intellectually lazy & very angry person that you are! Seizure there!

--Davey

GlowBoy said:
Can't wait to attend my 13th Barbie Camp next weekend, and Krissy will be joining me for the first time too!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm getting tired of work!

Dang it, working that weeeknd, again. ONe of these days, been too long since I felt the sweet kiss of a Barbie morning...or was that sparti...
However, I know local Ken will be there with his beautiful trophy wife in tow, so, ya'll take good care of her (its her birthday!).
Miss ya!
bob

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's no firm vagenda at Barbie Camp, but I expect Saturday's ride will begin around 10am.

--Sparty

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Sparticus said:
Hallelujah! Let's just hope Krissy isn't half the partisan, intellectually lazy & very angry person that you are! Seizure there!

--Davey
Nope, she isn't half that ... believe me, she is all the partisan, intellectually lazy and very angry person that I am. ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Trail 99 was cleared this spring (and then the horsey riders came through and undid some of the fun stuff we left behind) :-(
so that is yet another option. I haven't made it back to sample the fruits of our labors like I had planned, but if there are peeps that want that option, I'm happy to join in on that action.
El SeenYour is correct. The rains were way late this year, but trail conditions are now prime on this side of the hills. Peterson Ridge should be amazing, but there is something about that Cache Mountain that I haven't found much love for... jest sayin', get's my wig all in a wad.

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
red-haze.com said:
been too long since I felt the sweet kiss of a Barbie morning...or was that sparti...
<-- That was Richie sticking his nose in your tent that morning. He's a pretty good kisser. Sloppy though.

Anyway, we'll miss ya. Hope you can make it to another BC sometime soon.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Elk hunters @ BC

2pm Tuesday, 10/20

Lee arrived at the Barbie Campsite a couple hours ago. There's a large group of elk hunters there. Lee spoke with them and they said they're leaving on Thursday or Friday, depending on how their hunt goes.

Just thought I'd give y'all this heads up so you'd know the situation. If the hunters stay into Friday, I don't know how late they'll be there, so ask around a bit before setting your tent up... make sure you know who your neighbor is.

Questions? Ask 'em right here.

--Sparty

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5pm Thursday... late breaking report... elk hunters are gone. Barbie campsite is ours. I'm leaving now see y'all over there whenever you get there...

--Sparty

·
Expert Pushing SSer
1,503 Posts
Sparticus said:
5pm Thursday... late breaking report... elk hunters are gone. Barbie campsite is ours. I'm leaving now see y'all over there whenever you get there...

--Sparty
Leaving in about 30 - 45 min! See you there!:thumbsup:

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,093 Posts
peek-chores?

some of us with small children couldn't make it and have to live vicariously through you yahoos. Where are the pics?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts