Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Born at 1:23 A.M. 6/25/08 (When I finished the build).

Ok, Forgive the baby reference...

Frame: '08 Semi-custom El Saltamontes 18/20
Color: Candy Blue
Options: Quad bearings
Shock: Fox RP23 High Volume Canister
Fork: '06 Rock Shox Reba Race w/Remote Poploc
Wheelset: Mavic XM 719 Laced to Hope Pro II's, With DT Revolution Spokes and Black Nipples.
Skewers: Black Hopes
Seatpost Clamp: Stock
Front Der: XT M760 (almost Shimanoless!)
Rear Der: SRAM X.9
Shifters: SRAM X-9 Triggers
Chain: SRAM PC 971
Cassette: SRAM PG 980
Brakes: Hope Mono Mini's 180mm Front, 160mm Rear, Floating Rotors.
Cranks/BB: Truvativ FireX Team 3.3 44/32/22 GXP
Pedals: Time ATAX XC (Token Carbon Part!)
Headset: Chris King NoThread Black
Handlebar: Easton EA 50 Low Rise 660mm
Seat Post: 27.2 Thomson Elite 410mm Black
Stem: Easton EA70 100 X 10
Saddle: WTB Shadow V.
Grips: ODI Lock-on Oury
Front Tire:Michelin All Mountain 2.2 (Measure 58mm)
Rear Tire: Michelin All Mountain 2.2 (Measure 58mm)
Accesories:Cat-Eye Enduro 8 Comp., Custom Ciclistagonzo Chainstay Protector

Weight: ??? Guessing 29.5 or so.

Future changes: XT or Stylo Cranks as the FireX are Temporary.

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A Few more.

A few last shots..
Can't wait to get it nice and dirty this weekend!

And yes TIGMAN, that Chainstay guard was just for you! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Hey,TIGMAN,

TIGMAN said:
Yeah that is a pretty cool chainstay guard...........I decided to customize mine as well on the Capitan ! :D

Salt looks great ! :thumbsup: TIG.
You got yourself a El Cap? I'd like to see it any pictures? Can I have your opinion and or thoughts about the Cap? I've got El Cap on the brain BAD!!! Thanks TM..

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
You got yourself a El Cap? I'd like to see it any pictures? Can I have your opinion and or thoughts about the Cap? I've got El Cap on the brain BAD!!! Thanks TM..
Hey CF !

I did just post an older picture of it on the most recent El Capitan thread on the 29er forum ! Everything is the same as far as major components............which will change as soon as the new Reba w 20 mm TA option & adjustable travel becomes available ! Well after riding my FS 26ers most of this year.............I've taken the Cap out for a ride for the last three evenings and really enjoy the change of ridin with the bigger wheels ! I dunno why..........its kinda hard to explain I just dig it ! The Cap is plenty laterally stiff , has good standover , the frame fits me well for being non custom except for the powdercoat option , and most important its fun to ride ! To be honest I'm not a true 29er convert bcuz I like ridin my two FS 26ers just as much but the change is nice and the Capitan is an excellent choice ! I have no experience on comparing it to say a Sultan , Lenz , Niner , etc. so no help there..........but no need I'm happy with it and that's all that matters ! Dammmm...........I'd like to throw a pair of I9's on it as well but the new improved Reba coming out has got me excited compared to the old 9 mm QR version I'm using now ! :) TIG.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Huhhh,Yes

TIGMAN said:
Hey CF !

I did just post an older picture of it on the most recent El Capitan thread on the 29er forum ! Everything is the same as far as major components............which will change as soon as the new Reba w 20 mm TA option & adjustable travel becomes available ! Well after riding my FS 26ers most of this year.............I've taken the Cap out for a ride for the last three evenings and really enjoy the change of ridin with the bigger wheels ! I dunno why..........its kinda hard to explain I just dig it ! The Cap is plenty laterally stiff , has good standover , the frame fits me well for being non custom except for the powdercoat option , and most important its fun to ride ! To be honest I'm not a true 29er convert bcuz I like ridin my two FS 26ers just as much but the change is nice and the Capitan is an excellent choice ! I have no experience on comparing it to say a Sultan , Lenz , Niner , etc. so no help there..........but no need I'm happy with it and that's all that matters ! Dammmm...........I'd like to throw a pair of I9's on it as well but the new improved Reba coming out has got me excited compared to the old 9 mm QR version I'm using now ! :) TIG.
The blue El Cap with the gold HS,SC, and pedals.I remember it well.Thanks for your reply. CF...

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all, pretty stoked about the new ride. Not so stoked about the Air Quality in NorCal.

From my driveway this morning.
One word: ICK!

Hopefully smokey, but dirty pics after this weekend's inaugural ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would like to know about your hight please.

Ciclistagonzo said:
Born at 1:23 A.M. 6/25/08 (When I finished the build).

Ok, Forgive the baby reference...

Frame: '08 Semi-custom El Saltamontes 18/20
Color: Candy Blue
Options: Quad bearings
Shock: Fox RP23 High Volume Canister
Fork: '06 Rock Shox Reba Race w/Remote Poploc
Wheelset: Mavic XM 719 Laced to Hope Pro II's, With DT Revolution Spokes and Black Nipples.
Skewers: Black Hopes
Seatpost Clamp: Stock
Front Der: XT M760 (almost Shimanoless!)
Rear Der: SRAM X.9
Shifters: SRAM X-9 Triggers
Chain: SRAM PC 971
Cassette: SRAM PG 980
Brakes: Hope Mono Mini's 180mm Front, 160mm Rear, Floating Rotors.
Cranks/BB: Truvativ FireX Team 3.3 44/32/22 GXP
Pedals: Time ATAX XC (Token Carbon Part!)
Headset: Chris King NoThread Black
Handlebar: Easton EA 50 Low Rise 660mm
Seat Post: 27.2 Thomson Elite 410mm Black
Stem: Easton EA70 100 X 10
Saddle: WTB Shadow V.
Grips: ODI Lock-on Oury
Front Tire:Michelin All Mountain 2.2 (Measure 58mm)
Rear Tire: Michelin All Mountain 2.2 (Measure 58mm)
Accesories:Cat-Eye Enduro 8 Comp., Custom Ciclistagonzo Chainstay Protector

Weight: ??? Guessing 29.5 or so.

Future changes: XT or Stylo Cranks as the FireX are Temporary.
What is your hight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.